XSI - zbrush

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2006
XSI - zbrush

got a weird little problem with a head i ve made. Its the first proper mesh i ve made in XSI so im sure thats where the problem lies as i ve never had anything like this happen when exporting an obj from max.

anyway.

when i subdivide my imported mesh the lips spring apart.. thats fine.. i get that when i subdivide in XSI and moved stuff around to compensate for it to a degree. However when i subdivide in zbrush not only does the same thing happen at the first subdiv level it then translates back down to the level 1 subdivision, which is not what i want as i will export that back into XSI etc and want it to be as i ve made it.

any idea what is going wrong?

thanks

edit:

its actually smoothing off the whole mesh, it was just the lips were the most noticeable. I ve never noticed zbrush do this before. Is there anyway of getting zbrush to not do this?

Last edited by blinky : 04 April 2006 at 04:37 PM.

04 April 2006
can we see the mesh to get an idea of what u mean?

04 April 2006
how many polygons are you importing to XSI (and how much is the maximum)?

04 April 2006
We have he ZBRush & XSI Pipeline spanish guide for free download in our Web portal www.zbrush.es

I hope are usefull 4 you¡

04 April 2006
when zbrush subdivides de mesh it smoothes all the levels of the mesh What you can do to correct this is store a morph target, and generate your maps from there when you need them, and export that mesh to xsi.

04 April 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread