rendering animation at 12.5 fps

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2002   #1
rendering animation at 12.5 fps

hello everybody

i´m currently working on a project where i mix cut-out animation and stop-motion. the stop motions is recorded on twos (i´m working in pal). the thing is that when i now add the cut-out animation in after effects it looks much better when these animations also run on twos. is there a way to tell after effects that you want all animation on twos other than doing the animation and inserting a non-interpolated keyframe every second frame? this method gets a bit messy especially when you want to change something lateron.

thanks in advance!

Old 12 December 2002   #2
not sure if I understand you, but maybe you can precomp the 25 fps animation and stretch it to 50%, then stretch the precomp inside the original comp to 200%, I suppose that would double every other frame so the framerate looks like 12.5 fps

Old 12 December 2002   #3
works well! thanks!

Old 01 January 2003   #4
good

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread