I'm willing, chou jing-long (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2006   #1
I'm willing, chou jing-long (2D)

Title: I'm willing
Name: chou jing-long
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

Hi every body:
My conception is to create a Europe architecture by myself--A Baroque ballroom with skylight. An old gentleman invites a little girl to dance,the four sculptures in the near happen to look at them joyfully.It is warm and joyful.

At the beginning, I built a basic 3D stage in order to paint over it and get the right perspective. I painted all the materials with Wacom in Photoshop, including the marble finishings, lights, and all the surrounding decorations.

All materials I painted myself except for the orginal 3D model and the floor texture

I collected references of the old gentleman and the little girl from movies including "The Titanic" and "The Russian Ark". I picked out three different pictures to be the girl's main referencing materials for the angle of the head, facial features and shading. Since there are tones of references, I only use the ones that are close to my representation

In order to truthfly capture the lighting, shading and the wrinkles of the clothes, I have made photographs of real people as a source of reference.

I found the references for the two sculptures in the near distance. The modeller on the side making the hand gesture was myself. These references will be used to combine with the original sculpture, of which should be looking at the two main characters with joy. so I must correct it.

I have changed the hair on the male sculpture in back on the left, as different from the reference.

The references for the four guests were collected from movies as well. The materials of the two women, one with the golden dress on the left and one with the white dress on the left, are quite different, which took me some time to make the research.

The process of this piece of work is a long journey, it took me a few months to complete it.

I hope it is worth it.

If you would like to see a more completed process and the larger versions of the images, please click here:

http://www.alon.tw/cre/pro/iwilling_1.html

my web: www.alon.tw

hope you like it! Thanks

e mail :along1120@yahoo.com.tw

Old 04 April 2006   #2
Excellent work the details in the building and characters are great, although some of proportions and perspectives seem a little odd. But overall an excellent piece.

Old 04 April 2006   #3
How absolutely adorable in both idea and execution.
The only thing I can think of at a first glimpse beside some perspective oddities, is that to me it doesn't look like the two main characters are looking at eachother. The old man appears to be looking over the little girls head slightly.

The girl reminds me of a young version of Hermione in Harry Potter.
It's great to see the references you used - thanks a lot for sharing them

My website

Old 04 April 2006   #4
!!! Great. Beautifull!!!

Old 04 April 2006   #5
Thumbs up

It is obvious that you put a lot of work into this, and the results and amazing.
The blending of architecture and statues is what earns you high points, 5* from me.

Old 04 April 2006   #6
Great work. Have to agree about the two main characters not really connecting but definitely awesome work. Front page material!

Old 04 April 2006   #7
Amazing, the best artwork i've seen in a while.

Old 04 April 2006   #8
nice work and nice shot ............

Old 04 April 2006   #9
Thumbs up :d

It's so great ~~~~~

I like the girl who is bending the skirt and reverencing especially

so lovely

Old 04 April 2006   #10
This is fantastic, she is soo cute with that funny luttle smirk . I haven't even read anything yet, which I'll thoroughly do in a second. But I know I like it!!

Lovely painting, I have one question though, what is thame and who made the scuplture that is second from the irght in the top row wof sculptures? I would be really grateful if you could tell me. =)

off to read about your work ...
modelling practice #1

Old 04 April 2006   #11
very beautiful image.great great work!!

Chronominater Project Concept Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQX3v3wtknc

Old 04 April 2006   #12
Thumbs up

nice work pose architecture statue great

Old 04 April 2006   #13
this is not that good, look at the guys left foot the tiles are basically a grid so he DEFINATELY needs to be on the ground plane, sorry to be harsh but it's the truth and i see a lot of what i would call pastetogetherness all over the piece, it takes a long time and hard wok to do what you are trying to do in a short time with these photoshop stuff. I am no great artist but i've been at it for over 30 years and it's still tough. That left foot says a lot.

Old 04 April 2006   #14
really nice works ,love ur 3D and painting skill ,smooth color and lovely characters,but seems they need little shadow effects deeply,.......anyway ,I like it a lot ~keep the good works up~

Old 04 April 2006   #15
...very good idea and colorpalette, also the lightning

BUT: the wrong and disturbing assembly of architecture shapes in top of the image should be really revised...

-peace-

Thread Closed share thread