flying super-woman ... it seems ... ;-)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Wink flying super-woman ... it seems ... ;-)

Hello to everyone,
I've seen so beautiful artworks here that now I wish to make something similar.

Because I'm not able to draw a nice body I decided to use in my first works a Poser render and add only the hair, the dresses, and the environment with Photoshop.

I'm open to any critique or suggestion, please tell me what you think of this tecnique. I think nice works could come out, also if not so personal as the body is not from my hand. I hope to learn soon to draw a nice human character and maybe remake this image.

I've not a precise idea yet... I know it should be better make a sketch before... but I'm an hasty guy! ;-) I'm thinking to a flying (super)woman and a view from the bottom, with the prospective view of some skyscrapers behind her...

I'm very grateful to you all CGTalk's users for the support I received in learning 3D tecniques, I hope you all could help me to make a nice 2D work now

dEDa

- Life is too short for a full time job -

3Dworks:
Ponte Vecchio
Dragon's Lair

concept car
watch
robot
FIAT

03 March 2006
I made the gloves... but I'm not sure to keep this material...

dEDa

3Dworks:
Ponte Vecchio
Dragon's Lair

concept car
watch
robot
FIAT

03 March 2006
Red face

Looks good so far! The only things I am not too crazy about is the hair and the gloves....the gloves seem a bit too vibrant compared to the blues on the rest of her outfit. I think it would work better if you tried to match the more violet-blues on the outfit than the blue you currently have for the gloves. Also, the hair seems a little "too yellow" for blond hair to me, and I feel the hair needs a bit more "volume" to it, with a little greater range of values in it. Could be just me though...I dunno.

I could tell you come from originally working in 3D though, as your 2D work still has that 3D-modeled inspired feel to it!

~Crystal~

Last edited by DragonTU84 : 03 March 2006 at 09:44 PM.

04 April 2006
Thank you Crystal, I made some changes on the gloves and I tried to change the hair color.
I've so few time to work on this... but I'll try to make a fast environment too in next days.

dEDa

3Dworks:
Ponte Vecchio
Dragon's Lair

concept car
watch
robot
FIAT

04 April 2006
looks good , but i think the blue color is a bit too saturated

04 April 2006
Yes, teal-k, you've reason, I've to work a lot on the gloves. I wish to paint more and add color layers on the 3D less.... ;-)
And now I made a fast background in 3DStudio, but I wish now modify it and add particulars with Photoshop. Most of you should say that it seems a 3D work more than a 2D... you're right, I hope to be able to paint on this a good 2D.

Bye,
dEDa

3Dworks:
Ponte Vecchio
Dragon's Lair

concept car
watch
robot
FIAT

04 April 2006
I've painted the clouds and changed the prospective of the skyscrapers to fix with the view from the bottom of the body...

dEDa

3Dworks:
Ponte Vecchio
Dragon's Lair

concept car
watch
robot
FIAT

04 April 2006
yeap i although it looks like you painted the sky by hand it looks 3d also i cant understand if she's falling from high up or if she 's falling on my face or is she flying?
good work though bravo !

04 April 2006
Hi hi the idea is that she should fly from right to left, or she's jumping to catch a thief... something as that. I know that for now she seems falling down on your face, but I'll add some motion blur or movement at the end of the work.
dEDa

3Dworks:
Ponte Vecchio
Dragon's Lair

concept car
watch
robot
FIAT

04 April 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread