converting to mpeg?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2002   #1
converting to mpeg?

is there anyway to convert ur flash movies into mpegs so you can edit them in premiere or anything?

Old 12 December 2002   #2
you publish them as quicktime movie and then work them in premiere. i dont think submovies work or show in the final output however

Old 12 December 2002   #3
Symbols with the movie clip behavior will not export to QT. You may also experience problems with Actionscript effects. Flash often exports QT's that only have a flash track. Your video editor will expect a video track. I've done a lot of work using Flash to create animated textures and projector maps for 3DS MAX. In some cases, it may be necessary to place a video (single-color, matching the Flash movie background) on the lowest layer in order to export a QT with a video track. This behavior varies on the PC and MAC version of Flash.

I did a detailed tutorial on the technique, but it's in the 3D Cafe VIP Lounge. It was also done in the days of Flash 4. Send me an e-mail, and I'll zip up the tutorial file if you're interested.

I seem to recall there is a third-party package that allows export to QT including movie-clip symbols. I'll have to do some searching.

good luck!

Old 01 January 2003   #4
If you make a make symbols "Graphics" rather than movie clips then any sub-animations the symbol have will be exported (or published to .mov). I've used Flash and Premiere together to priduce a cartoon and found the best way to get from Flash to Premiere was to export to a .AVI file.

-Martin

Old 01 January 2003   #5
My experience in over 50 Flash video projects was just the opposite with .AVI export, although that was primarily using Flash to create animated textures or projector maps for 3DS MAX. .AVI export never worked reliably (across Flash 4, 5, and 6).

Good point about symbols with the 'Graphic' behavior - I forgot to mention that.

thanks

Old 01 January 2003   #6
Now I remember :)

http://www.flashants.com/root/swf2video.shtml

This was the package I was trying to remember. Very useful if you want to repurpose previous MC animations (especially if scripted) for use in video projects. Also includes a Premiere importer.

good luck!

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread