The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Nicolau Tudor

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Nicolau Tudor

Nicolau Tudor is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: architecural details ..

04 April 2006
Concept Sketch: prismatic elemental sketch

this the basic sketch for the elemental with the armour , i still have issues with drawing the materiality of him/her/it..

04 April 2006
ideea

well this is my first challenge in cg networks so i'm not quite used to the system yet but the ideea and the realisation matters most isn't it so ? well the ideea is that my concept is "Elemental Rite of Passage" . The evolved concept : "He must complete his las test.The demonstration that will introduce him to the high magically empowered class.For this , he will have to use all of his knowledge and to learn as he goes, because to create the first Aureola Borealis on this strage new realm the masters brought him.It's a very difficult task even for his Grand Master, how even consider a merely accomplished prismatic elemental like himself.He will have to face this alone.Along with his only friend , his phoenix"

now i have to find a name for the phoenix, a type of architecture for the elemental monastery behind him, a way to realize THE elemental , from a shaderistic point of view.

i'll go modeling now PLEASE do c&c because this is the whole purpose? to learn ?

good luck to you all !

04 April 2006
Concept Sketch: concept of a concept of a layout

very wip-ish but its the only drawing from the ~6 that actually looks like ..like..like sumthin.. if you dont actually see nothin its not my fault :-". well the elemental looks back to the gate of the monastery that closes behind him, and hes alone in the great valley with his phoenix.

04 April 2006
Concept Sketch: phoenix sketch

well this will be Flamus or some other better name i hope i'll find in the next 20 seconds or so..

04 April 2006
Nice sketches so far
That Phoenix looks like it will be hard to do, good luck with that

04 April 2006
Very impressive line weight on the sketches! Kind of reminds me of Yashitaka Amano's Final Fantasy designs. I hope you can maintain the flowing style in your models, it would be something I haven't seen before.

04 April 2006
phoenix

actually there will be only a small skeleton of the phoenix that will control a pf source that will generate the flames that ill construct so that shell burn baby burn! well actually ill have a hard time with the map or sumthin. i'll certainly have problems with SUMTHING ! cheers and good luck to you to

04 April 2006
Concept Sketch: layout updated

i've made i decision i hope will last some time more that 20 hours like the last time.this is a "final" layout sketch :D well i wanna stick with this one :D

04 April 2006
Concept Sketch: armor and hand anatomy

finally got the hand and armot general form done.i still have to think all the textures 100% and all the photoshop patters and such but another step forward .maybe in another month or two i'll go to modelling

04 April 2006
Concept Sketch: elemental sketch

sketchiz sketchiz sketchiz.. as Dory freudically says: "Just keep swiming , just keep swiming .. "

04 April 2006
is there SOMEBODY that plz can tell me how to track certain threads , i found the option once but i completely forgot and i dont use these forums very often... plz?

04 April 2006
Hi! You can find it on the top of the thread under thread tools/subscribe. Another thing which is good is to put a link to your own thread in your signature - that way people will find you easier.

You got some really nice sketches here - I like the flow in the lines and the last layout sketch looks really good. It's going to be fun to see them in 3d - good luck!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

04 April 2006
Concept Sketch: final architecture sketch

at last. i love drawing but this is enough i wanna make some polyz shake their bellyz like a belly dancer.. ? .. well...

04 April 2006
Concept Sketch: architecural details ..

just for the fun of it :)

Thread Closed share thread