Tornado tutorial?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Tornado tutorial?

Is there any tornado tut's out there that anyone knows of?
I've tried everything from stormtracer to the maxon tut with pyro and they just dont add up to what i'm looking for, and I know it's the way my settings must be. I dont want it for an animation but for a still. I can do it ps np, but I just really want to make one in c4d. So if anyone can help or knows of a tut for this i'd really appreciate it.

03 March 2006
There is/was a really good one on the MAXON website to make a tornado with Thinking Particles. The only problem is it didn't tell you how to make something from it (add geometry to render it). You could try just taking a basic emitter, pointing up, and then a Rotation Particle effector(Objects>Particle>Rotation) and crankin that up some. Then add some Pyrocluster.

03 March 2006
Thank you I'll give that a try....and yea I did the one on Maxons site, but using the pryo on it made it look like a big puff of smoke lol...but I havent used pryo much, so i'm sure there is a way to get a better effect with it.

03 March 2006
then just scale the scene up and put more particles into it im sure it will show more detail that way

03 March 2006
link?

Can you maybe post link for the tut?

03 March 2006
Well looks like we're on our own here. Thanks for the tips guys.

03 March 2006
thanks

Thank you, man!
The tut came handy!

03 March 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread