FinalFantasy Intro- download

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
FinalFantasy Intro- download

FinalFantasy XII Intro download

[download]

03 March 2006
Is it me - or are the costumes just getting weirder?

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by slaughters: Is it me - or are the costumes just getting weirder?

So are the names.

03 March 2006
Well that was certainly impressive but as I'm not familiar with the Final Fantasy Universe I have some questions, apologies if they're stupid:

1. Why does the main girl look like Buffy
2. Why are they riding Giant Chickens
3. Why are they fighting with swords/bow and arrows when they obviously have advanced technology
4. What's with that spinning top propulsion system

03 March 2006
Actually, the way the katakana's read is more like A-Che not "ache" as in pain.

lol @ clanger's questions. It's not that they're stupid, it's just weird, didn't think anyone's THAT ignorant about FF. The giant chicken or "chocobo" is one of the iconic creature from FF universe.

Last edited by P_T : 03 March 2006 at 06:08 PM.

03 March 2006
SE does it again, mind blowing. As if the wait for the game wasn't hard enough before

03 March 2006
Nice intro, usual FF type of affair. It didn't immediately grab me like some other intros, but man I love their rendering and overall style. It's all so visually rich and the characters totally have the FF stamp on them... allot of the men have quite feminine looks.

Hope the game is good, seems like forever since the last FF (XI doesn't count ).

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by Clanger: 2. Why are they riding Giant Chickens
Funniest thing I've read today.

03 March 2006
Thumbs down

Is it me or does the FF franchise get worse and worse with every new installment. And I thought we already saw the bottom with X-2. Jare, jare

03 March 2006
Mocapalicious!

Wow, that was actually realllly boring. Normally I enjoy these but between the hideously bad camera work during the fight scenes and the fact that no character seems to be able to elicit even the most basic emotion, I wouldn't tell anyone to waste their time watching it. Shame as a lot of it was really well rendered and obviously a lot of hard work went in to it.

03 March 2006
the lack of expression seems to be a cultural thing if i recall right from previous discussions. doesn't make it look more appealing to me, too. technically it's all very nice, but i totally dislike the star wars influences in the visuals and music. reminds me of an ugly flick about clone wars brrrrrr...

but bring on the game. gameplay videos are more interesting than an intro anyway. so far it seems they have really changed the battle system. not yet sure about it, i enjoyed FFX's turn based combat very much and disliked FFX-2's hectic realtime fights.
any release date for the PAL version yet?

03 March 2006
Red face

Originally Posted by albedo4800hp: Is it me or does the FF franchise get worse and worse with every new installment. And I thought we already saw the bottom with X-2. Jare, jare

I don't believe that it's just the FF franchise though. Ever since Enix & Square came together ALL of their games have become 'questionable'. When you can't easly relate to a character then the design is "iffy" at best. Frankly I think SquarEnix is trying far too hard to appeal to the female market and is completely missing the point and losing thier audience because of it.

Another thing that has begun to bug me is their environmental and 'style' city/building designs. It's feel like it's devolved into the same coastly broque style for every game. That's fine when it's once in awhile, but not every stinking game!! Yeah I know it's style is bias, because of the national mind bend of blue water/beach = paradise, but gods enough with the freaking coastal towns, vast crystalline blue ocean and clear blue sky! It makes it kinda emotionally pointless when winning the game doesn't "grab you" with awe like it did 5 minutes into the game 50 hours before. Damn you Star Ocean 3!!

03 March 2006
I played FF way back on the super nintendo with FF2 - all the way through to FF9.

This intro video intrigues me - looks like they're going back to the FF roots - I just might have to pick up on the series again.

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by xeav: FinalFantasy XII Intro download

[download]

Is she picking her nose?

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by DivideByZero: I played FF way back on the super nintendo with FF2 - all the way through to FF9.

This intro video intrigues me - looks like they're going back to the FF roots - I just might have to pick up on the series again.

Hehe. I think people say that every time they come out with a new FF (except for maybe FFX-2...). When FF9 was coming out, Square was "going back to the roots." When FFX was coming out, Square was "going back to the roots."

But that had some pretty nice CG work (although I'd agree with the comments about facial expressions). Must say though that I'm getting just a bit sick of SquareEnix's character design style...

Thread Closed share thread