the cute, the quick and the deadly

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #1
Smile the cute, the quick and the deadly

been sketchin a bit while waiting for my new pc, and this sketch basically wich began as a funpiece so far started pleasing me, specially since the color palette is somehow new for me, much yellow, bright shiny happy and before i mess it up i thought i post a first step and see what u think.

Old 03 March 2006   #2
Thumbs up

Very nice! I especially like the larger face in the background, really painted well.

The colour palette is great, I especially like the sky. May I ask what she is standing on?

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Old 03 March 2006   #3
Nice work! I have not seen your work in a while. Keep up the good work.
MY DEVIANT ART- click here

Old 03 March 2006   #4
Talking

Congratulations! Fot my taste this image is one of your best! I love how you used the detailed and undetailed areas wizely, very nice, nice chick also

Old 03 March 2006   #5
Hey this rocks dude!!! Especially love the face floating in mid air. First thing I thought after was what are those colours, wow.

definitely would work in this one if I were you.
modelling practice #1

Old 03 March 2006   #6
love the way u paint the ladies~sexy and lustrous as always

Old 03 March 2006   #7
Wow, thats really something.

I agree that these colors are a bit different, but they work together great. You don't see the use of this type of pallete often, everything is dark these days, lol.

I will definitely be checking on your progress. Really great start.

Old 03 March 2006   #8
I really like the palette, I think you can push the yellows forward and bring in more blues and pinks/oranges if you want. She has a lovely face, especially her eyes. I think the hat could be a bit bigger on the cup area or however its called (I know nothing about hats hahaha).

Old 03 March 2006   #9
I can't help but imagine that the giant head is about to bite her head off, but that's my own juvenile disposition. I'd maybe try moving it off center a bit, or something to get the mouth further away from the head.

Storywise it has good interest. I'm thinking "She's standing on a saddle, but where's the horse?! Is it the saddle of someone she offed?" Ya that's it. Just vanquished some long time nemesis, now striking a heroic pose over a prized possession of her foe.

But she has a different expression than she does in the clouds. Are those her inner feelings? She looks smug on the outside, yet distressed on the inside... very interesting.

WIP's
:

Old 03 March 2006   #10
nice one sasha, keep them coming

Old 03 March 2006   #11
heheeee...nice one....i like the ccomposition,like a poster....and i like the girlthose girls again???................

Old 03 March 2006   #12
WOW! Great !

Old 03 March 2006   #13
Great work so far Sacha!

CHARACTER DESIGN

Old 03 March 2006   #14
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread