rendering completed before starting ??

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #1
rendering completed before starting ??

Hi everyone, I have 100 frames to render and I am sure of my settings for the render. I have done this for years. Yet I come across a problem never met before: The rendering engine says "rendering complete" after few seconds of actually pressing Batch Render !
Any clue why this is happening ?
Thank you all for your help. Yohan

Old 03 March 2006   #2
Hi,

I've had this problem a few times myself. Not sure why but I solved the problem by creating a new renderCam and constraind it to the old one. Try it!

/Chris

Old 03 March 2006   #3
Hi Chris, thank you for your reply. What kind of constraint do you use on the newly created camera ? Thank you

Old 03 March 2006   #4
Hi,
well, I just use the point and orient constrain. If you have keyframes the focal lenght just connect the the new cameras focal lenght to old one via connection editor!
Good luck!

/Chris

Old 03 March 2006   #5
few Q

what's your platform. MAC . PC or Linux
also what Vr of Maya you work with

Old 03 March 2006   #6
Funny...I'm having the exact same problem...any help would be appreciated...

Old 03 March 2006   #7
Hi Ashaiad, I am using Maya 7 on a powerful Mac.

Old 03 March 2006   #8
in that case

disable the CGFX plugin before u start your render
if that dosnt work
make sure u remove any older MAya Vr then remove maya 7 and reinstall
hope this helps

Old 03 March 2006   #9
I don't have the CGfx enabled...and it happens in this scene only. So it can't be Maya, it must be the scene...I'm going to reinstall Maya just in case though.

Old 03 March 2006   #10
I solved my problem...MR didn't like 2 TIF textures I had of 2500X200 dpi...so I scaled them down to 1/2...that helped get rid of the warnings...but it still wouldn't render ...so then I saved them as 24bit TGA and voila! It batch rendered...hope that helps.

Old 03 March 2006   #11
Ok guys, thank you for your comments, I'm not using any TIFF images, however I have loads of PNG in my scenes. Anyway I am still not sure why this is happening exactly but I guess I'll keep creating new cameras every time this will happen.
Maya is one of the most expensive 3d software isn't it ? Cheers guys

Old 03 March 2006   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan3d
Ok guys, thank you for your comments, I'm not using any TIFF images, however I have loads of PNG in my scenes. Anyway I am still not sure why this is happening exactly but I guess I'll keep creating new cameras every time this will happen.
Maya is one of the most expensive 3d software isn't it ? Cheers guys

...and one of the buggiest...

Old 03 March 2006   #13
leif3d: Not the buggiest, I would save MAX for that post Maya is a great piace of software!

Anyway, i've found that only maya 7.0 have had this problem not 7.01. When you introduce new features you add new complexity... renderlayers and so on... if you have a look in the hypergraph editor in a complex scene and 5 renderlayers you can see whats going on...
For me I still have problems loading the render attributes (some times) when maya has been active for more than 4 hours... So, I can imagine when you do a batchrender and the renderer can't find the correct attributes it halts.

yohan3d: Btw. another way around this problem is to import the scene into a new scene, or do a scene clean-up

/chris

Old 03 March 2006   #14
Hi Chris, that's a promising idea, I believe this could do the trick.
Well, next time it happens, I will keep you posted.

Yohan

Old 03 March 2006   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Avalon
leif3d: Not the buggiest, I would save MAX for that post Maya is a great piace of software!

Anyway, i've found that only maya 7.0 have had this problem not 7.01. When you introduce new features you add new complexity... renderlayers and so on... if you have a look in the hypergraph editor in a complex scene and 5 renderlayers you can see whats going on...
For me I still have problems loading the render attributes (some times) when maya has been active for more than 4 hours... So, I can imagine when you do a batchrender and the renderer can't find the correct attributes it halts.

yohan3d: Btw. another way around this problem is to import the scene into a new scene, or do a scene clean-up

/chris

I agree it's not THE buggiest....but like I said, one of the buggiest....

Thread Closed share thread