access to MR3.4 stand alone bake to texture options

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
access to MR3.4 stand alone bake to texture options

How can i change a defult settings for a bake to texture when i am useing a mr3.4 stand alone. i dont have any problem to bake to texture with mr 3.4 stand alone with my render farm. i just dont know how to change a bake set options like ((fill texture seams)) and othere thing.any idea?

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

03 March 2006
ok. somehow i find out i use this mel command and it work ((convertLightmap -mi -f b.mi -bo "textureBakeSet1" lambert2SG polySurface1)) but i find out that light mapping with MRstand alone only work on a master machine and it means it dont work over a renderfarm. am i right?

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

03 March 2006
Oh. thats greate.exactly what i wants. thanks a lot Puppet| .is it work on maya 7? and is it work on a renderfarm?

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

03 March 2006
Yes, it's should work with maya 7 and renderfarm (with alfred)
But one notice...
Maya version 6.5, 7.0 and 7.01 have small bug command convertLightmap don't export to mi file all texture pathes. As result script works fine only if your scene without textures, for example for occlusion baking.
I had report about this bug to Alias and they said that will fix it in future versions.

03 March 2006
if it just a texture link adress its simple to fix it on a mi file. or its a something else?

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

03 March 2006
I cant work with it. could you explain it more. there is no tutorial about it.and if it really dont work with texture files, it couldnt help me.

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

03 March 2006
It will work only if you put all your textures near the mi file or manually edit your mi file and add correct pathes.
If you have no shaders_p installed you should disable "Auto Create Shader" checkbox.
Other things should works very simple.
Just assign Texture Bake sets to your objects and press Bake.

03 March 2006
Thanks. i also saw your website. you have a very good tutorials. why dont you translate them to english?

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

03 March 2006
I have no time to translate it. My english is very and it's one more problem
Some of these tutorial sufficiently old, for example for Maya 5.0 and etc.
I have only one tutorial on english now http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/tutoria...omegatk_e.shtml

03 March 2006
p_MegaTK is really good. i just wish someone could add particle and fluid support to this. iam not yet see buffering for particle and fluid. its really needed in many case.

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

03 March 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread