eye recess and holes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03 March 2006   #1
eye recess and holes

Hi

if you look at this mesh here and many others also, you can see that the eye area is cut out (you can see the back facing polys from the rear of the head. It is not a recess that you can fit an eyeball into but an actual hole in the geometry (much like you would do when using regular poly modeling).

I think this technique would be much better than creating a recess and then poping an eye into it.

how do you go about achieving this? As i understand it is best to bring in a solid mesh into zbrush, and certainly creating geometry within z (such as zspheres) will create a solid mesh.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Tak
 
Old 03 March 2006   #2
Originally Posted by takshaka: Hi

if you look at this mesh here and many others also, you can see that the eye area is cut out (you can see the back facing polys from the rear of the head. It is not a recess that you can fit an eyeball into but an actual hole in the geometry (much like you would do when using regular poly modeling).

I think this technique would be much better than creating a recess and then poping an eye into it.

how do you go about achieving this? As i understand it is best to bring in a solid mesh into zbrush, and certainly creating geometry within z (such as zspheres) will create a solid mesh.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Tak


most likely the artist created the base mesh in a seperate application and imported for detailing into zbrush
 
Old 03 March 2006   #3
i dont think so, if you look at this overview by antropus http://209.132.69.82/picasso/tutorial.htm he clearly starts with zspheres, but ends up with a holes in the eye sockets
 
Old 03 March 2006   #4
Originally Posted by takshaka: i dont think so, if you look at this overview by antropus http://209.132.69.82/picasso/tutorial.htm he clearly starts with zspheres, but ends up with a holes in the eye sockets


hmm, in the second video from your link, he starts with the eyes covered, and then goes of screen and presses something and it puts holes where the eyes are...

is it possible that they are hiding the eyes using the shift+ctrl command
 
Old 03 March 2006   #5
I am not 100% sure what he did there, but it looks to me like he did a delete hidden on the polys that were his eyes at a low level. so basically just deleted the polys and thatís what made the eye socket holes.
 
Old 03 March 2006   #6
Originally Posted by eblondin: I am not 100% sure what he did there, but it looks to me like he did a delete hidden on the polys that were his eyes at a low level. so basically just deleted the polys and thatís what made the eye socket holes.


there you go, theres a method to do it.
 
Old 03 March 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.