Sketchbook Thread of Fusioniz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Sketchbook Thread of Fusioniz

argh i'm so stressed up with the interview for admission in this college of arts and i don't know what to do. i'm posting up my portfolio to be and hope that anyone who sees this might at least give me a minimum attention...i will really appreciate if you do... thank you.below is the rules/criteria:
Preparing your Portfolio

• Portfolio should be A2 or smaller (A4 minimum) and preferably with a zipped cover.
  • 10 pieces of work need to be presented.
  • Your work should include drawings, sketches, 2-D work (e.g. painting, printmaking, digital imaging) or 3-D work (e.g. sculpture, ceramics).
  • Originals of work are preferred, however photographs, slides and/or digital images & JPEG (cd-rom) are also acceptable (particularly for work larger than 60cm X 20cm in size).
  • Works & images should be accompanied with labels/captions indicating; Title of work, year of completion, medium/material and size/measurement of works.

What we are looking for

Applicants need to be selective in preparing the portfolio to ensure that it best represents their creative ability.

The assessment of the portfolio is based on the following considerations:

• potential for skill development
  • evidence of hand-eye skills
  • articulation of a sustained idea or concept.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan0001.jpg (13.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Scan0002.jpg (5.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Scan0003.jpg (5.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Rebeccak : 03 March 2006 at 03:33 PM.

03 March 2006
here are some more... thank you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan0005.jpg (13.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Scan0006.jpg (6.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Scan0007.jpg (17.0 KB, 14 views)

03 March 2006
last ones for now....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan0008.jpg (13.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Scan0009.jpg (8.8 KB, 11 views)

03 March 2006
Okay.. i'm going to have to be fairly to the point here, because I don't know the level of ability you're required to have to get into this course. Please understand I'm not saying this to be mean, i'm trying to help.

This portfolio really needs work. I don't want to be gentle with you here, because it's the answer your college is going to give you. You need to sit down and really focus on doing some long pieces, both creative and studied, and take some serious time and effort.

How long do you have before the interview?

03 March 2006
i don't know what to do.... really.....

03 March 2006
What I would suggest you do is a series of long studies over the next week. Take a few hours on each, as much as possible. Do some of Rebecca's workshop material, that will help you out immensely.

I'm sorry I can't give you better news than this, but you need to show something that has a finished and well polished presentation. Colleges can be fairly brutal about these things, so you need to be prepared. You need to show the college you're aware of your shortcomings and the goals you have to improve. As they say in the brief:

Quote: Applicants need to be selective in preparing the portfolio to ensure that it best represents their creative ability.
The assessment of the portfolio is based on the following considerations:

• potential for skill development
  • evidence of hand-eye skills
  • articulation of a sustained idea or concept.

You obviously show a lot of potential, but you need to work on the other two points.

03 March 2006
Just as a disclaimer, I'm only one person and I don't know what the entrance level of this college is. I may be wrong here, but I've seen folio submissions before, and they usually expect more.

03 March 2006
Holy crap fusioniz... are these yours???

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...508#post3323508

They are far better pieces. Why not use those?

03 March 2006
thank you... i dont know if your saying that i'm having potential is just consoling me... i appreciate that if it is.. but please be frank with me. no offence but i just feel tt i dont know what to draw and stuff... btw could you link me to rebecca's workshop? thank you..

03 March 2006
lol unfortunately no.im just quoting them only.. i won't be that good.... =(

03 March 2006
Hi there Fusioniz

Okay, you want me to be honest, I will be.

You DO have potential, and long term I can definitely see you working up to a good standard. But right now - bare in mind without my specific knowledge of the institution you are applying to - I wouldn't say that your work is ready.

What I think would be your best bet to do is figure out things that you need to improve on, and discuss it with them in your interview. That way, if they see that you know what is wrong with your pieces and are willing and enthusiastic to improve, (it also shows initiative) that will be your best shot.

And like Martin says, work on a handfull of really detailed studies this week to add in. Don't do just people, they're hard to do - study some everyday objects, shade your work a little more. And of course, Rebecca Kimmel's anatomy forum in general is a wonderful learning zone!

Good luck.

03 March 2006
i thank you very much elsie. i am going to draw some more and post it here... i will do my best thank you guys for your attentions to a nobody like me... i appreciate it....

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by Fusioniz: will do my best thank you guys for your attentions to a nobody like me.

Okay, well you're going to have to stop putting yourself down for a start.

03 March 2006
no i tink its true...i mean im really grateful for great people like you all to give me attention..

Thread Closed share thread