blendshape problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #1
blendshape problem

Hi all.
got this problem with blendshapes, i've created my shapes connected them to the mesh and everything works fine.. untill I started rotating my bones, with a blend active.

first image shows what the blend is supposed to do.. everything looks good
http://medieteknik.bth.se/daportal/normal.jpg

and now.. all ive done is rotating the head back.. so that he loooks up into the sky.

http://medieteknik.bth.se/daportal/wierd.jpg

as you can see, his eyelid has gone into the head... if I rotate forward his eyelid will go outwards away from the eye... the same stuff happens with all the other blendshapes.

note: I have removed all the blendshape meshes.

Old 03 March 2006   #2
Weird!

Could be because of several things:

-Maybe your deformations are not in the right order. You have the skinning and the blend shape, maybe they get muddled up. Select your character, do a RMB and select Inputs-->All Inputs. You now get a window, where your deformation inputs are shown. Swap blend shape and skinning by doing a MMB and dragging the deformations to where you want to have them.

-Could be, that your blend shape´s history wasn´t similar to your character mesh. If everything fails, reload your blend shape geometry, do a Delete by Type--> Non-Deformer History and recreate blend shapes.

-Maybe your eyes aren´t properly constrained, so when your head moves around they move as well but aren´t really constrained to the eye sockets.

My best bet would the order of deformations, try looking at that and post a screenshot, so we can have a look at that.

Good luck

Chris

Old 03 March 2006   #3
changing the deformation input order did it... thx man..

Old 03 March 2006   #4
All in a days work, mate!

Old 03 March 2006   #5
Dunkelzahn,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! This is an awesome tip. not just for blendshapes but for other wonky mesh issues!!!

THANK YOU!!
-Geoff :}

Old 03 March 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread