WIP Short Film "the oval portrait"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #1
Arrow WIP Short Film "the oval portrait"

_Hi everybody , excuses if my english is not very good . Here post some frames of a personal project that i´m doing in my free time, its inspired in E.A.Poe short story. And i hope to finish it on the next two months. Constructives critics are very welcome.
I hope it likes you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plano_03.jpg (92.1 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg Noble.jpg (79.9 KB, 182 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ciclos.zip (268.7 KB, 112 views)

Old 03 March 2006   #2
Great style you've got there Sharpy3d. Don't have any crit for those two nice pictures, but I'm definitely gonna watch the progress

cheers,
Rok

Old 03 March 2006   #3
ı like the style of your characters... it is very nice walkcycle . but only crituque from me , left arm of the thiner character is fixed. if it is the walk style of the characters, no problemo waiting the short film. good luck get it easy... (and ım searching for E.A.Poe's ı like it... )

Last edited by sgbox : 03 March 2006 at 12:03 PM.

Old 03 March 2006   #4
_Hey thanks guys. "Rockandic" your Singing Phone is really funny and great animation, "Sgbox" I´m gonna try to give the arm more flow, in any case all the animation, overalls the fatter man animation its a little faster.
_I´m gonna try to find some free hosting page to put here some video links. Thanks again for yours messages!

Old 03 March 2006   #5
www.rapidshare.com , www.megaupload.com .

Old 03 March 2006   #6
s_gurgun@hotmail.com . if you want we can speak in msn.

Old 03 March 2006   #7
Thanks sharpy3d
BTW, what codec did you use to encode the video file you attached? I can't open it...

-rok

Old 03 March 2006   #8
yeah i had trouble finding the codec but i found it finaly, it's a VP61 codec you can download it here just go to this site http://www.on2.com/downloads/vp6-decoder/, by the way Sharpy3d your character are so orginal and so perfect, i envy you and great animation too. please send us more

Old 03 March 2006   #9
_Hi guys, thanks for all the replys. Here are some information about the proyect. Its lenght ist 5 minuts aprox, and I´m using Softimage Xsi as base software and Maya for some effects like trees, grass, snow, all those great things that can be does with Paint Effects.

_"Sgbox" thanks for the information, i had found another hosting server and I´m gonna active that for the next video upload, and yes, the video codec is "Vp6", it compress a lot in relative quality. Hey, I´m gonna add you to my msngr, mine is Sharpy3d@msn.com, for all those people how wanna change impression about the great world of animation .

thaks Besnik for your comment!.

Salud!.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plano_06.jpg (56.9 KB, 97 views)

Old 03 March 2006   #10
tahnks sharpy3d
ı add you my msn too. we ll speak about character animation- . ı m waiting your short film. characters and render is succesful. also animation is so nice.. get it easy...

Old 03 March 2006   #11
Hi again, here is a short video. Its the first that I did and is the base for the colour composition of all the exterior scene. Excuses if the codec quality is a little bad. I hope it likes you and be sure to make every little comment.

Cheers.

Here is the file link:
http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=BFPYP4HA

Old 03 March 2006   #12
Thumbs up

looks wonderful. however,

it seems to be that there is a slight problem with the left hand of the character..in my opinion it does not look nice when it is too constant and when the fingers are too twisted..it is nice that his fingers can be moved easily but it should be excess..comparing to the other character's left hand, it should also be soft, why dont you make it like that..the other character does not have any problem..anyway..rendering is well-done..what software do you use..I guess Maya?

Old 03 March 2006   #13
Yes "Sgbox" I´m gonna fix that problem, you had give me a different point of view. Sometimes when you are working an a scene very much time (animation, model or anything), you need critics from other people, because you are so focused that you cant see things that other can see quickly, that´s one of the reason cause I had post the progress of the Short.
_I think it could work better if I close completly the hand and give the arm moves more flow (it seem a little robotic).
_I´m using Softimage Xsi, for model animation and lighting, and Maya for vegetation and weather elements.
Thanks again .

Old 03 March 2006   #14
_Hi all, here is an update of the thiner character, I had try to fix the problem in the left arm. I think its a little better, but it dont convince me yet.

Here is the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=VT8Z9QBG

At always, i wait for your advices and comments.

Old 03 March 2006   #15
hi its nice short film attempt. ı want to say something. the problem in left arm cause by too many movement. if ı walk with help of stick ı cant swing so much. maybe it can solve the problem

Thread Closed share thread