CG moderaation closing threads

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #1
CG moderaation closing threads

I think it's a good idea that the mods are closing down old threads, but it kinda sucks that they have to be brought back to the top of the list, pushing newer threads down...wouldn't it be better if you just archive the thread and add [ARCHIVE] to the title so that all these old threads don't float back? I just thought I would brind this up coz closing threads down and bumping them at the same time is defeating the purpose...

Old 03 March 2006   #2
I agree. This has gone far enough

BTW there is a suggestions forum completely at the bottom of CGTalks homepage, where this thread could fit.

Old 03 March 2006   #3
whoops, didnt notice that one...guess it was at the bottom

Old 03 March 2006   #4
I went to view my posts and now i got a lot more that I thought were new but just bumped notifying of the close. I think they can be closed and not commented on.

Old 03 March 2006   #5
Yes, please don't bump closed threads. There is bizarre irony in seeing a one year old thread for the first time and then not being able to comment because it's closed.

Old 03 March 2006   #6
Originally Posted by MJV: Yes, please don't bump closed threads. There is bizarre irony in seeing a one year old thread for the first time and then not being able to comment because it's closed.

I agree that is kind of bizarre that they get bumped to the top of the list when closed. But I've actually found some nuggets of gold when these old threads pop up. I would have never gone 20 pages deep to find them...

Old 03 March 2006   #7
Really confusing those zombie threads lol

Old 03 March 2006   #8
I don't get the whole thread locking thing actually. If someone posts something they think is new, you get ten people telling them to do a search. So you do a search, and some threads about the topic you wanted to discuss are there, but they are all locked.

It doesn't make much sense to me.

YouTube Channel
Char Maya Character Rig

Old 03 March 2006   #9
I will give you my opinion on this matter...

in a year or so.

Old 03 March 2006   #10
cgtalk are closing old threads? Since when?

Old 03 March 2006   #11
they're not popping to the top of the list here... do you have your forums set to "last post" sorting and within the "last month"?

Old 03 March 2006   #12
i dont mind threads being closed, i dont understand why, use one thread instead of two i say, but i respect the decision from the powers that be.

Just wondering.

Old 03 March 2006   #13
Hmmm... I wasn't aware that the threads were resurfacing from being closed... I'll get someone to look into that.

Old 03 March 2006   #14
Lol...

the job section has been over run by the zombie threads.

I'm stockpiling food and shotgun shells.

...ahh theyve broken into the other forums too. Quick get the chainsaw!

Old 03 March 2006   #15
Yeah, I noticed it yesterday too

It'll be fixed soon.

share thread