The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Ponlawut Ukrisana

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #1
The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Ponlawut Ukrisana

Ponlawut Ukrisana is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Coloring WIP: color wip

Old 03 March 2006   #2
Concept Sketch: Inspired by another world,

When eyes were closed, begins the journey of mind through a door to another world.

Old 03 March 2006   #3
Cool. Nice concept and layout. I'm curious to see the progress of this. I'll be checking out!!

Old 03 March 2006   #4
Hi there,

Cool looking concept, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Matt

Old 03 March 2006   #5
Smile

Thank you for complementary,but i need comment to improve my work.Looking forward to hear your comment. ^_^

Old 03 March 2006   #6
Cool good idea

good idea man!
I'm waiting for more... .. .

Old 03 March 2006   #7
Thumbs up good luck

good luck mate

nice idea

Old 03 March 2006   #8
Concept Sketch: The another world

This's sketch,i try to find composition for support my concept.I'm looking foward to hear your comment. ^_^"......

Old 03 March 2006   #9
Another good sketch but I really like the depth of the first sketch.. having the sleeping character in the foreground and the girl and birds behind gives it motion and a feels more like the begining of a journey. The latest one has a horizontal motion that doesn't show the depth and transition of the journey as good. However, I really prefer the girl on the right of your latest one. Maybe you could work on a combination of both sketches. keep it up!

Old 03 March 2006   #10
mmm...i like the idea of the second one but the composition of the first colourful one is a lot better...

oh and im lov'n the birds..

cant wait to see what you settle on..

CYB

Old 03 March 2006   #11
sawasdee krub.nice to meet you. cool journey.i love it.ur drawing is really awesome.can't wait to see how you fix the composition.i have no crit for now.great start.

Chronominater Project Concept Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQX3v3wtknc

Old 03 March 2006   #12
Dramatic perspective

The coloured sketch captures the focus of the characters better than the split cell sketch.

The half/half image doesn't draw enough focus or attention as it is split between both characters. Perhaps there's a better way of dividing the image with a sense of perspective - as achieved in the coloured sketch?

It ain't over till the Fat Lady shatters some glass.

Online Portfolio

Old 03 March 2006   #13
I love the second one with the water running over the bedsheet/dress of the two characters. However, the second one doesnít convey as much as a journey beginning as the first. It's more like a "lost dreams" kind of look. Great compositions though.

Old 03 March 2006   #14
Smile

Thank you for every comments and ideas,I hope to find good composition for support my concept and finish before deadline ^_^"

Old 03 March 2006   #15
I like the idea, I would work on the transition between the "real" world and the "dream" world so that it does not look like to separate paintings sitting next to each other. I do understand that in a concept drawing you may not be to that point, but my suggestion is more for as you move along in your process. Anyway, good luck and enjoy.

Thread Closed share thread