The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Croes Brun

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2006   #1
The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Croes Brun

Croes Brun is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: search for the devine chain of gods...

Old 02 February 2006   #2
Welcome aboard! Good luck to ya!

CHARACTER DESIGN

Old 02 February 2006   #3
Concept Sketch: composition and character sketches ???

Some verry quick sketches for possible compostiions, and possible faces of the character.

every thing can still chance...

Old 02 February 2006   #4
Concept Sketch: another possible composition

this is a verry quick sketch of a "person" standing on some kind of balcon wth a view over a city (witch might be alive or left empty)

i'm trying to look for a scene where-in a person starts an yourney to a place yet unknow but it most allso be a journey in wich the character tries to find himself or something else, so i will be making more sketches of a place wich is to be discovered and filled with "things" related to the character visiting it.

does that make any sence regarding my bad english :s

Old 02 February 2006   #5
Nice sketch. It does make sense. I feel a bit hesitation by the character that wants to start a journey but doesn't find the strenght of it. Yet, in the same time it feels that is also waiting for something or someone and that my not feel as the begining of something, but the end. Am i making sense now? hehe

Old 03 March 2006   #6

thx for the commentz loris.
I think your probebly right, so I allready started out some new ideas, bassed on this one, i will post them later, and see wath they might become

Old 03 March 2006   #7
comment

the pose of the main character should be more dramatic to indicate some sort of begining of a journey. at the moment it feels like he has already arrived and just absorbing the atmosphere ....

It ain't over till the Fat Lady shatters some glass.

Online Portfolio

Old 03 March 2006   #8

thx for the comment zachlost.

I desided to start a totally new painting, in wich we see a group of people sitting in some sort of cabinet wich is driven by a giant snail. as they are entering some kind of strange forest they look around, one will be looking like she/he doesn't care about the envirement, another one will look ahead to the future that is yet to come, wondering what lies ahead, the third one will look at the viewer with a strange look on his face wondering iff we are realy their and if we are some strange creature lurking around, the snail will be driven by some sort of tiny man who is doing his routine, giving the impresion that he does things like this often, the snail will be some sort of ""taxi''".
I will give the scene a central light (somewhere between the main characters) so that the rest of the scene looks more dark and unexplored, giving the suggestion of night, and maybe some frigting feeling. I allready have some skeches but I will post later, because I need to go to the dentist and after that i'll be rehersing with my band, and after that I might go out, so I wont be posting till tommorow I think...

I'll see u guys later (sry for my bad english)

Old 03 March 2006   #9
Hehe, nice to see you enter, like the concept. You kind of force me to enter to

Good Luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #10
Concept Sketch: final concept

ok,
i'm starting all over, new idea
because somebody else who has entered is also doing something with a snail I thought i should do something else to prevent discusions about who did it first and so on,

so here is the idea, some strange foreing looking group of people are at the side of some place (maybe a strange wood, or a labyrint) they are looking with a "hmmm wats this" look on their face, and will go and search tro the place where they are,
but maybe their hides some great danger or something else n that place, u can fill that up for u're self, so let their yourney begin,

i will try to give all of the 3 characters a different expresion but still familiar with the other characters expresions so that they come out as one group of travellers.

I'm allso thinking about drawing a hint at wath might be waiting for the travellers...

Old 03 March 2006   #11
Concept Sketch: character (travellers) sketches (in collor)

so this are some quick sketches of wath might become the faces of the travellers, maybe some few adjudgments, i'm trying to gave them some ""maya/chinees/my own interpretation"" look for the foreign feeling.

ok now i'm going to really start on this challange...

Old 03 March 2006   #12
Oooo I really these character concepts. Beautiful work!!

Old 03 March 2006   #13

OK folks listen up, I'm having some problems with my other acount, i cant log in anymore on the challange forum , though i can login on the homepage, realy weird,

so i maded an other acount, under this name, and i will re-enter the challange, an post all of this again, I am verry sorry for this but I cant help it other wise :(

man this realy pisses me off

Old 03 March 2006   #14
Originally Posted by Croes Brun(o): OK folks listen up, I'm having some problems with my other acount, i cant log in anymore on the challange forum , though i can login on the homepage, realy weird,

so i maded an other acount, under this name, and i will re-enter the challange, an post all of this again, I am verry sorry for this but I cant help it other wise :(

man this realy pisses me off

Heya, it looks like you updated the email address in your profile. When you do that, it locks your account until you verify that the email address exists by clicking on a link that the system sends to that email address. If you didn't receive the email, it's because your email server is bouncing the email. I have manually reactivated it for you. There is no need to create new accounts - all you have to do is contact us if you have a problem. If you don't tell us there is a problem, we have no way of knowing

Old 03 March 2006   #15

man thank u verry verry VEEERRRRY much
u just made my day

Thread Closed share thread