The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Michal Matczak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Michal Matczak

Michal Matczak is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: "Awaiting for pickup :) "

02 February 2006
Hey Mike!
welcome aboard.. Good luck..

CHARACTER DESIGN

02 February 2006
Hey, Mike

Thanks for welcome! Another chalenge so fast, nice The DO keep us busy OK, I'm off to make some sketches!

02 February 2006
Welcome, Now u have plenty of time to work on something!

02 February 2006
Hi Michal
Welcome back dude
Good luck and have fun

(sory for my bad english)

02 February 2006
Thanks guys, yeah, now I have plenty of time and I'll sure have fun with it! Got some sketches, just need to scan them. I'll post them soon.

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: Sketches

These are some sketches I've picked. I tried to lay down a few ideas, trying to determine which is the best : a journey of trouts up the streams to mating grounds; some kind of little critter ( I think it could be an ant in the future ) that sets off to unknown on the other side of the Great Lake; two faerie sketches - travelling in packs; a hellish idea of a school attending.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Last edited by MikeTheHunter : 03 March 2006 at 03:28 PM.

03 March 2006
The first two sketches are really good. And the school one is really funny. But I couldn't tell you which one to go with, hard to choose.

Good luck and free time!

03 March 2006
great approach to the challemge, its good to work it out, and i love the way u handle the light..ps the scary lookin school is just too precious

03 March 2006
Smile

Dave - thanks, I'm gonna pass the "trouts jumping" one, but I'll think of the sea and the school. I have some other ideas rolling in my head, will try to put them onto paper.

Nebezial - thank you very much for the compliment. So two votes for the schoolconcept... might be a good idea to develope it

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch:

I thought of one of opening lines from "Forrest Gump" - you can tell everything from one's shoes... where he's been, where he was going... It made me do this sketch. :)

First I tried to make the shoes a first plane from ground perspective, but I was missing.... a background. This feelinmg made me expand my canvas a LOT further to the extent you see. :)

I hope you like it more than the previous ones. :) I think it has a lot of potential in it, I'll focus on this idea.

Last edited by MikeTheHunter : 03 March 2006 at 11:25 PM.

03 March 2006
Compo is lovely dude, stick with it and yes it has potential, good luck with this one!

03 March 2006
Thanks, Bryce. I really appreciate it Yeah, I tried to really work on the compo, before I went to shading. I'm really glad it shows Tommorow - and update!

03 March 2006
Hi!!Mike
love your sketch it have a direction in the way that you told. i like it a lot
& best of luck!!

03 March 2006
Line Art: "And if you don't keep your feet..."

I upresed, doodled a lot with the composition ( and I hope the cottage support pole doesn't cut it too much ) and proper perspective lines... made the stairs less wide, so that they don't run off the page, corrected the scale of the cottage, added first texture wash... all in all - a lot of dooding. I've also made a principal colour scheme, but I didn't like it, so I won't post it untill it's better. That will be untill tommorow I hope. :)

I would REALLY use another two days in the week, so that I have time for everything... maybe we could gather lots of signs on a petition or something?... :D Who's with me? :D

Thread Closed share thread