The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Darran Hurlbut

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2006   #1
The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Darran Hurlbut

Darran Hurlbut is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Line Art: Update

Old 02 February 2006   #2
Welcome back Darran, good Luck to ya!

Old 02 February 2006   #3
woot it finnally back on

I've been waiting and waiting. Now that I'm freelance I have a lot more 'free' time. But what to do. I'm not the kinda guy that likes to do pleasent and happy hart warming pictures. I want a something on the dark side like a twilight zone episode or something.

ISN"T SIZE RELATIVE. Could something normal sized be considered small when compaired to something like a giant???!!!

Old 03 March 2006   #4
Concept Sketch: Still working on Idea's

I'm still thinking up idea's. These are my most straight forward ones meaning these are ones that I think fit the subject at hand.

But they aren't very dark or sexy or cool.

The one on the left are two kids sneaking into a rocket ship that's going to take off.

The other are kids with toy swords and other toy weapons running up a hill to fight some imaginary monsters.

I'm leaning towards the rocket ship one, but I'll give my self more time for ideas.

Old 03 March 2006   #5
Concept Sketch: Another idea

I'm still trying to interpret this one. I'm thinking of a young girl leading a buch a people out from a burning city.

Hmmm. I'm thinking she could be leading a army of zombie/robot/soldier humaniod creatures.

Old 03 March 2006   #6
Concept Sketch: Concept Evil Academys' Early Graduate1

Well I have four concept sketchs for my Evil Academy Graduate idea, this is the first.

Old 03 March 2006   #7
Concept Sketch: Concept Evil Academy Graduate 2

Here's number 2

Old 03 March 2006   #8
Concept Sketch: Evil Academy Graduate 3

number 3!

Old 03 March 2006   #9
Concept Sketch: evil academy graduate 4

Number 4!

I'm wondering if I should still come up with ideas or just pick one. I want to show the graduate showing off his diploma while he's standing infrom of the evil school, lol. I'm trying to get something that will show off a character design and a environment design.

Old 03 March 2006   #10
Concept Sketch: Evil Tree Acadamy Graduate

Well I did a more detialed sketch. Sitting here looking at it I'm getting more ideas. I think I should add a bunch of students in the background running around as if school just got out for the summer.

I plan on redoing the student to make him look cooler and more evil. I'm thinking of maybe putting in parents in the back ground. Like they all where stoped to pose for a photo.

Old 03 March 2006   #11
very nice sketches there dude, good luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #12
Concept Sketch: Add a family

I guess the family would be there for theirs sons graduation.

Old 03 March 2006   #13
Nice sketches darran, Looking to see more come from u good Luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #14
Great interpretation. But I would think that the boy would be (evilly) happier than the Frankensteinish father-dude and therefore would be the one to have the maniacal smile. I mean, the boy should be excited to get started on his journey of death and destruction; instead he looks like he's been forced to take a thumbs-up picture.

As for your artwork. It is seriously killer (no pun intended)!

Old 03 March 2006   #15
Great sketches. I like your idea, very unique. I look forward seeing what will be you final idea!

Thread Closed share thread