The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Matthew Mobley

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Matthew Mobley

Matthew Mobley is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Shading (Textured and lit): ... and a place to sleep

3 months = an Eon?

02 February 2006
Concept Sketch: Concept 1

Unlike last time, I'm now swimming with ideas. Concept 1 is in kind of a film noir style. A P.I. is starting his search for a missing woman and the road ahead of him is a long one with many distractions. Finding the small clues in such a bright surrounding is never an easy task.

3 months = an Eon?

02 February 2006
Wow, great concept. Very filmic looking.

I'll be watching.

03 March 2006
Hey Matthew,

Nice to see you here again and good luck. Your idea is very interesting and look forward to this in 3d . I think really imposing buildings are needed here.

03 March 2006
Great concept! I'm loving it already!

Good luck with your journey

03 March 2006
i think he needs to be holding the photo in front of him strethced out a bit so it brings our attention to it more, i didn't understand what the piece was about until i read your message.

03 March 2006
Hey guys. Thanks for the support.

Dave: I agree with you about needing to draw more attention to the photograph. I'll play around with different poses and camera angles to see what shows it best. But first things first. Time to start getting the layout and buildings sketched out.

3 months = an Eon?

03 March 2006
Hi Matthew, nice to see you again mate, wonderful sketch you've got there, have fun on this one

03 March 2006
Hi, very interesting concept you have.

03 March 2006

Good luck with your concept !

Roman.

"When there's no more room in HELL the dead will walk the EARTH" [Dawn of the Dead]

03 March 2006
As others have said, it has a really nice film noir style to it.

Maybe you could add some more clues as to the fact he is a detective? eg mostly hidden gun, etc.

Good luck!

03 March 2006
Very nice sketch, and very nice concept !

By looking the sketch, I had believed the 'private' is searching for missing child. Just because photo really appears as one of a child...

I found the idea of missing child stronger than missing woman, but it's just my humble opinion, ( not your's )

Good luck !

I'm waiting impatiently next post...

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by burpy: Maybe you could add some more clues as to the fact he is a detective? eg mostly hidden gun, etc.

For the style on this one, I'm thinking about going back to something I used to be rather good at. At the moment, the plan is to focus on the environment and incorporate a real person into it. For the person, I'll probably end up with the traditional trench coad and fedora. That's pretty much the signature uniform for private investigators. Once I decide on the camera angle, it'll be easier to decide what all I can show. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

3 months = an Eon?

03 March 2006
Thumbs up

It looks very cool. I really like the style and story. One of my favourites!

03 March 2006
My brain has officially worn out from researching styles and architecture. But I did get a new perspective on it. Literally. I'm going to change the vantage point from street level up to about 3rd or 4th floor level and have the PI standing at the window holding the picture up against the window so we can see it and see his reflection as he's staring out at the city.

3 months = an Eon?

Thread Closed share thread