The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Chris Kufahl

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2006   #1
The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Chris Kufahl

Chris Kufahl is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: Roboraptor Eyes

Last edited by phlewp : 02 February 2006 at 03:11 AM.

Old 02 February 2006   #2
*deleted by me because I wasn't sure on something...*

Last edited by phlewp : 02 February 2006 at 02:53 AM.

Old 02 February 2006   #3
Concept Sketch: Stepping into a bright new world

Really rough concept sketch. I wasn't sure how detailed it needed to be, but I don't plan on a highly detailed one.

Essentially, the newly created junkbot is about to explore the vast world outside of the junkyard.

Last edited by phlewp : 02 February 2006 at 03:00 AM.

Old 02 February 2006   #4
Looks good. One thing though, the challenge says that it's supposed to show emotion in the character. Are you planning on giving the robot human emotions?

Shane

Old 02 February 2006   #5
Originally Posted by ShaneW: Looks good. One thing though, the challenge says that it's supposed to show emotion in the character. Are you planning on giving the robot human emotions?

Shane

Well, sorta. The plan now is to have the robot taking one last look back as it takes a tenative step forward. The emotion is going to be attempted to be portrayed through it's pose, rather than say facial expressions. I'm thinking maybe having one foot sort of in the light, outside of the gate, with the other foot about to move forward, as it gazes back.

Old 02 February 2006   #6
Ooh, cool idea. I think it might add to the feeling if you had a circle of other 'junkbots' in the foreground, waving him off on his journey. This would add to the feeling that he is leaving his home to go to a new land, though it may take away from the loneliness of it.

I'm liking the idea though! Looking forward to seeing this one progress!

Old 02 February 2006   #7
Originally Posted by flamingbs: Ooh, cool idea. I think it might add to the feeling if you had a circle of other 'junkbots' in the foreground, waving him off on his journey. This would add to the feeling that he is leaving his home to go to a new land, though it may take away from the loneliness of it.

I'm liking the idea though! Looking forward to seeing this one progress!

Ooohhh, very good idea!

Or maybe imply that it's got a friend built, but needs something else to make it come alive...

Old 02 February 2006   #8
Modeling: Roboraptor Eyes

A bit early to start showing the modelling, but oh well, I figure the sooner the post the more constructive feedback I can get.

Old 02 February 2006   #9
wow you're fast!

it would be difficult to show emotion on a robot / raptor wouldn't it?...

but good luck still!

-rj

Old 02 February 2006   #10
Well, that's part of the challenge to me. Sure, I could have made something much easier to show emotion with, and I still might. In fact, I'm starting to think of maybe the same idea, only having the robot waving to his friends, silhoutted by the sun pouring in through the junkyard gates.

Old 02 February 2006   #11
Interesting Idea dude.

Good luck and lots of happy modelling.

Old 02 February 2006   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread