Head WIP - for modeling reel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
Head WIP - for modeling reel

Head Model
Modo for modeling and Lightwave for rendering

I modeled this yesterday. Obviously, I still have a lot of work to do on it. I want to put together a modeling reel so hopefully this will be my first addition to it. I'm using a couple photos for referance. I do basic subdivision poly by poly method with box modeling methods for tweaking and fixing the mesh.

Anyway, I'll post some wireframe shots and updates soon as I get a chance. Comments and critiques are appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by gabe28 : 02 February 2006 at 06:13 AM.

02 February 2006
I've been working on a head for my modelling (and texturing reel) as well, and almost no one responded, so I only feel it fair that I respond to you

Looks quite good in general, though there are some definite issues I see, mainly with the nose. The top of the nose seems very pinched in and unnaturaly shaped. There is also an issue with the interior shape of the nostrils. They right now are kind of just round and go straight up, which is a little unnatural. They should have more of an edge/lip, I think.

The other main issue I see is that the cheekbones are too far away from the eyes. Bring them in and slightly up. Also the brow is perhaps a bit sharp?

Nothing major, really. The lips and eyes look fabulous (I wish those parts on my model were that clean).

-andy

02 February 2006
adremeaux, thanks for the crits. I think your points are all valid.

Haven't had much time to do more work on the model but here are some wireframe shots:

03 March 2006
looks pretty good,
i'd say the first thing that jumps out at me as being a bit off is the nostrils,
just seem too big and round, kinda unnatural.

also the cheek bones, and most of the shapes around where the face cuts off around its edges could use work(if ur going to continue those surfaces out and make a full head, not just a face, then I can c why).

But yeah just look at a bunch of faces and try to compare them to yours to see whats off and what looks right, that's the best way imo.

03 March 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread