Zyrinx Art

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
Zyrinx WIP Page

Figured instead of creating a seperate thread for every project, I'll make one and repost with new stuff. Currently I'm working on maybe a Title page for my website, or a page to keep the news on. Anyway I'm looking for a very warm sunny day feel with lots of happy critters looking avidly at whatever ends up in the middle. So far I've got most of a Platypus minus the tail and sketches for a couple other critters. Critique very welcomed! Enjoy!

Toby Grauberger
www.TobyArt.com
I Make Toys Now!
My Online Shop

Last edited by TobyArt : 03 March 2006 at 07:40 PM.

02 February 2006
The colored platypus looks cute, not much to comment on now though, show us more

03 March 2006

Okay Here's kind of an update on this, I wanted to get a color base down to see what it will look like. On the duck and the bird I will remove the lines and do all the shading and lighting on them, as well as rest of the picture.

Feedback would be great!!!

Toby Grauberger
www.TobyArt.com
I Make Toys Now!
My Online Shop

03 March 2006
That looks adorable! can't wait to see the rest of the shading on the mallard and the....other thing.
Is that what your logo's gonna be in the picture? or is it just there as a place holder?

03 March 2006
Thanks

Just a place holder for the moment, I like the font, but want to do more and create a logo for it.

Toby Grauberger
www.TobyArt.com
I Make Toys Now!
My Online Shop

03 March 2006
Quick Update

So I got the animals put in, and worked on the main logo.
Huge thanks to great tutorials from nebezial located here
And walrus located here

Next comes the water grass and tree, fun stuff

By the way if anyone knows of a good "how to paint water" tutorial, please let me know.
And critique would be great!

Toby Grauberger
www.TobyArt.com
I Make Toys Now!
My Online Shop

03 March 2006
Critique Me!

Here's another update. Working on the tree. Not happy with it. Think the leaves are okay, but something is wrong with the tree.

Feedback would be great

Toby Grauberger
www.TobyArt.com
I Make Toys Now!
My Online Shop

03 March 2006
Thumbs up

Looks fantastic to this super untrained eye. Seriously though thicken the tree on the right side and it should look better everything else looks awesome. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 bro.

03 March 2006
This is friggin adorable! (I think someone already said that... but I concur!)

Guess I'll take a stab at the tree..... I'm thinking that it probably needs more light/dark contrast like everything else in the scene, and maybe some shadows cast by the leaves as well as on the ground. I'm also thinking the light source on the trunk doesn't match the light direction on the leaves.... The leaves look like the light is shining from the front, while the trunk looks like it has a light source from the right.

hope that's helpful

03 March 2006
Hehe, wow, not sure I was going for that adorable, but hey, it works

Lokiwolf - Thank's for the imput, I'll try a bigger tree and see if that helps the comp.

Altheia - Good call on the lighting. Thats the problem right there.
I havent added shadow on the ground yet because I havent even touched the ground, but I'll try and fix the lighting issue and up the contrasts tonight. Maybe add some brighter spots of light on the tree trunk too.

Thanks for all your imput, Anyone else?

Toby Grauberger
www.TobyArt.com
I Make Toys Now!
My Online Shop

03 March 2006
I Love Critique

Okay so here's another update. Worked on the lighting on the tree. Added some grass and started on the cattails. I love feedback more than my own mother! Critique this!

Toby Grauberger
www.TobyArt.com
I Make Toys Now!
My Online Shop

03 March 2006
your image looks great so far!!! foliage and grass are excellent... great expression of your characters... Keep posting please

just wanted to send you this water-drawing links you asked for. Maybe you find it usefull...

The other two links are seascape tutorials but maybe you can use them later on...

painting rocks under water - unfortunately not digital

making waves

digital seascape tut

maybe I find more later on...

03 March 2006
Hmm, This is a real unique style you have Toby. Anyway you try to look at it, it's full of life. Strong colors and a little bit of comedy, can't go wrong with that combination.

PS: Love the intro image to your website.

03 March 2006
Another Update.
Worked on the cattails. the dirt, shrunk the bird, made the bird's eyes bigger, and added shadows to the grass over dirt areas. Feedback is great!

Thanks for all the encouragement, I usually never finish projects like this, so this is great!
The cattail leafs are still under construction, need to add more, more variance, and some folded, and twisted as well as add more cattails. They will wrap along the water line up a little.

Next the water, never done it so very intimidated.

trialanderror - thanks so much for the water tutorials that's awesome. Now I'm torn on wether I should do the rocks on the bottom under semi transparent water or not. Well, trial and error I guess.

Terro - Thanks it took me a very long time of envying styles I can't do till I realized I needed to just find a style that works with me. Glad you like the site, I figure something cute (this WIP) before the home page would be nice and offset some of the sick and wrong inside.

Comments and critiques please!

Toby Grauberger
www.TobyArt.com
I Make Toys Now!
My Online Shop

03 March 2006
This looks so great,
the only thing is the birds teeth look a little sloppy, like maybe there's too much shading for such a small area

Thread Closed share thread