Character: Jessica

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think ??
Good Start...keep up the good work 32 23.02%
You got a lot to learn 49 35.25%
Stick to VB :shame: 58 41.73%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2002   #1
Post Character: Jessica

This is my very first work in poser 4 (no updates/addons) ,45 mins including post work , I am a VB prof, but I got into 3D stuff a small while ago...so don't expect a fantastic...just simple

postwork using Photoshop 7.0 (also simplestuff)

I need redirections and/or critiques...

Old 12 December 2002   #2
booo!! POSER 4 is not a 3d program! it's like a VB kid downloading a Bas file or module..

start off with a real modeling program and take learn from there

Old 12 December 2002   #3
Re: Character: Jessica

Originally posted by Dmon
This is ... very ... simple

Indeed.
I'm pretty sure everyone could make that.

Old 12 December 2002   #4
Re: Re: Character: Jessica

Originally posted by Joril
I'm pretty sure everyone could make that.

Yeah, but everyone had a first time, eh?

Old 12 December 2002   #5
i dont like the model or ur cloud filter. it also looks like it was cut out in photoshop with the magicwand. sorry, just my opinion

Last edited by slayerment : 12 December 2002 at 01:19 AM.

Old 12 December 2002   #6
i'm sorry but i think he did a good job for his first time, we all had to start some where.

Old 12 December 2002   #7
Originally posted by Quandary One12
i'm sorry but i think he did a good job for his first time, we all had to start some where.
The very first time I made something in 3D, it was crap. I would expect the same from everyone. So I guess my question is, why bother posting it online, let alone trying to elicit responses from (some) professionals in 3D?

Old 12 December 2002   #8
Originally posted by loganx3d
...why bother posting it online, let alone trying to elicit responses from (some) professionals in 3D?

Well, Actually this is not the point...

When I decedied to get into this...I really found myself lost in this HUGE world, didn't know what program to use, how to start...

So, I found this so usefull to me, I mean...all the openions from professionals are usefull, although most of them is somehow HARSH, but I really appreciate ALL the openions...

that's it

Old 12 December 2002   #9
this is the first thing i made in 3d when i was 15..

too bad i still suck though

Old 12 December 2002   #10
I never posted anything that I did when I just started out, I knew it sucked balls. At the level you're at, you should stick to doing lots of tutorials cause other people don't have the time to help you at your level. It's like if someone asked you how to start doing 3d when they haven't learned how to turn on a computer. Start posting stuff after you've done at least 50 good tutorials...

Old 12 December 2002   #11
First I would recommend you learning to model with a true 3D package as well - Poser is nice I suppose, since just about anyone can create a nice figure rather quickly, but you really never learn anything - just slap together what's already there and you're finished.

I've never used it personally, but I've heard good things about wings3D (www.wings3d.com). It's a free polygon modeler. Sounds like a good starting point to me. Learn the tools well, read/do tutorials, etc.

I would suggest starting with inorganic objects to really learn the modeling process...start with simple objects, work your way to complex objects...then get into doing characters/organic.

Old 12 December 2002   #12
Take it to this place they will love it!!!!

Old 12 December 2002   #13
Heres the thing Dmon.
Most people here dont really like poser cause it doenst take any skills, try a package like 3ds max, maya or lightwave.
You first need to start with basics before going into characters

L Pass Manager, (Pass Manager for 3ds Max)

Old 12 December 2002   #14
Harsh guys

1st off Poser is a powerful tool when used right. It can be a shortcut, in can be a help but never ever use it as a crutch or your only outlet for character creation. Go to www.renderosity.com they will appreciate it more there than here.

Below are some good examples of using Poser and also follow the below links for more. See what you can really do with it.

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.e...&MostWanted=Yes

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.e...&MostWanted=Yes

But never limit yourself. You can do good things with Poser but again don't let it be your crutch, use other tools and see as many as you can learn.
Animation Master is an easy one to learn, powerful and cheap as well. There is a whole slew of freeware to try. So keep up the good work. Unlock whatever you have in your hands and push it to the MAX.

And if anyone thinks Poser sucks then thats fine but also try to make pictures like these guys and then you can say it sucks

Keep working, have fun with 3d and don't let anyone discourage you. And keep learning. Learn all you can.

Old 12 December 2002   #15
another one

Here is another one

<<multiple attachments are NOT allowed in the gallery>>

share thread