the curse of the dark queen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2006   #1
Talking the curse of the dark queen

i started this a few days ago, this is a first glance, I intend to post any further progress as often as possible. I quiet much am over my artistical crisis and back to cgtalk, so happy new year all and here we go with another pixelrun

here's the first rough sketchwork

Last edited by TheFirstAngel : 01 January 2006 at 06:06 PM.

Old 01 January 2006   #2
pfft old stuff we need colors already *taps foot on ground, looks at wristwatch, sighs*

good to hear u got over your crisises , buddy, let's see u rock again

Old 01 January 2006   #3
Hey bro!..well this is too good for a "rough sketchwork"..those girls looks very nice already..ok man,ill be following your progress

Old 01 January 2006   #4
hooooraaay angel ! wb

nice start ...aaaahhh...finally the girls are back mhhhhm

Sketchbook

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Looking very promissing!
*subscribes*

CHARACTER DESIGN

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Nice to see you back at the drawing table

I second the color notion, splash a little RGB on the team

Old 01 January 2006   #7
hey sacha~u've been away for long now~what hav u been doing mate?
'm gonna subscribe this,miss ur hot ladies

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Hey sacha, nice sketch, I will try to follow ur progress good luck!

Old 01 January 2006   #9
I like this. Subscribing so I can keep in touch.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

Old 03 March 2006   #10
Cool

a short explanation, this is a cover, a poster that is supposed to be printed 80x60 cm large, so in manner of a better landscape and more atmosphere i have made the characters in the bottom area smaller, working on the values atm. i will 99% secure paint the sorceress again since in the new position she is totally off.
all elements here have a meaning, left side, the ghostfence, the horn shaed rocks left and right are the mark of the pathway to the cave of azura, the beloved godess, the prophecy who will choose Nerevarine, the Hortator, the one who shall free the lands from the shadow.
behind them, the ashlands, the home of the dark elvish tribes, the town with the castle belongs to a funny wizzard and is the last so called civilized spot before the wil northcoast begins (no mushooms on it yet, lol, the darkelvish wizards and their funny excentric ideas, why live in a castle if you anyway mess it up with a mushroom house after )
the red foggy atmosphere is a relict of the mighty blightstorms that poison the lands...
The dwarf is not actually accurate, the dwemer are a long time gone race and it was a clientwish to paint him in there too. tha last of a kind, appart from the blighted fleshmoutain into a dungeon of... of course, an excentric wizzard, aggain

here's the update, i started to paint t over my pencils this morning and intend to show another update later today.

Last edited by TheFirstAngel : 03 March 2006 at 09:25 AM.

Old 03 March 2006   #11
Whee, purty. Love your style, can always recognize your work. Only crit right now is that the male human warrior's legs look a little short (it's either that or his torso is too long).

Old 03 March 2006   #12
I think his feet are behind a rock .

Looking great man, The evil queen has a great face, very creepy for a pretty lady like that, heheh.

very... creepy.
modelling practice #1

Old 03 March 2006   #13
love the work on the dwarf face as well as the girl on the left side (with regards to the faces)

it'll be nice to see how the final turns out

Old 03 March 2006   #14
LoTeKK: you might be right, but its not the turn to tweak em atm, the campov is a bit from up above wich may shorten them and sum rox cover parts of his legs. i will continueu on the lower part when i finnish the haed parts.

JM: hahaha, yah, wanted to include the vampirish aspect, could have had gone as well for bloodmoons lycantropy aspects as well but yeah, she's a nasty gurl lol, i want her to look slightly creepy u wouldn't buy it she's evil if she'd look like bambyfawn, would you?

cypherx:thanks a lot. started on the paladinroughout, he's the most boring part of the piece, since i dont like to paint cute men too much. lol. glad u like them other 2 characters.

here's a closeup on 33% of what i paint at, one step further on the human fighters face what do you think?

Old 03 March 2006   #15
Thats one grumpy looking dwarf. Looking good so far. Try maybe breaking up the monotone of the sky somehow

Thread Closed share thread