PARIS WORLD'S FAIR 1900 - 3d Reconstruction Project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2006
Smile PARIS WORLD'S FAIR 1900 - 3d Reconstruction Project

What is done

The two ranges of 23 Pavilions along the River Seine :

The topic is as the title says, about a 3d reconstruction project, of the Paris World's Fair in 1900.

It's a time I like a lot... and this year is a real cross of centuries, and for many reasons... architectures, technologies, arts, etc... it was one of the most fabulous exhibition...

Lot of originality and much different things to discover... that start with nation's pavilions along the Seine river... a reconstitution of a Medieval Paris... a swiss village... and many many other incredible things...

In first, I've planed to realize only few pavilions for still images... but with the time... I thought why not to do more, maybe all or a large parts of them... and maybe a movie...

...but the movie, it's an another story... much work to do before.

And that already start with a big documentation's searching work...
I'm working on that since much time... as you can see on the dedicated website I've done, where you can find all days new updates.

http://www.lemog.fr

In first, this website permit me to store and collect properly all these documentations... and of course, in the future to store all my 3d works (and why not 2d works) about this project.

I hoping to really start with a first pavillion at the end of january... It's finally done, I start today...

Last edited by Lemog : 03 March 2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: where I am...

01 January 2006
In first, for this project and the website, I've needed a picture for the first page... something as the good reflect of this Paris World's Fair...

I have a reference, a picture of the french issue of this time, L'ILLUSTRATION, representing the statue at the top of the monumental gate of the exhibition... this statue of woman symbolize the town of paris, realized by M. Moreau-Vauthier, in the style of 1900.
She's named "la parisienne"...
and behind her, the monumental entrance of this Paris World's Fair in 1900

Last edited by Lemog : 03 March 2009 at 07:27 AM.

01 January 2006
on your way lemog.. another piece im sure will be spectacular as always.. will be keeping track

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

01 January 2006
Before really start the story... well... the WIP

The map of the Paris World's Fair 1900... that can help you to understand the incredible size of this project... as said some of my friends here... a project as me, very very NUT NUT NUT

I just hope to could to a large part, and keep along this future long time of work, all my motivation.

While clicking on the map, you can visualisize the map in big size : 2400x3300

01 January 2006
As it needed to start by something, I think to start by the most popular part of this Paris World's Fair 1900...

And certainly the part with much animation... I want to talk about the PAVILIONS OF THE FOREIGNS NATIONS...
...all along the Seine River, in the heart of Paris.

It's "la rue des nations"

I will start be the 15 pavilions between the Invalid's Gate and the Alma's Gate... behind these ones, there's 8 pavillons more... but that it's an another story. Each thing in each time.

Now, the map of this Nation's Street... with the 15 + 8 pavilions of foreigns nations, of the left side of the Seine River (rive gauche) :

01 January 2006
Now... 15 pavilions is good to know... but by which one to begin... choice not easy...

I have a lot of documentations, but it miss me much details or photos, and for anyone I have the matter to do it all...

...then, my choice go for the one that I have more documentations, but also one not to mcuh complicated, but not to much simple, because I must validate all the ability of this project.

I choose finally the Hungarian Pavilion... made for the Paris World's Fair 1900 as a synthesis of many architectural period in Hungary... with many styles, of 8 centuries...

I hope you can find some interest to follow this WIP... thanks to you all to have take the time to read all that

To give you an idea about this Hungarian Pavilion, a little picture (freely interpreted by the artist) :

Last edited by Lemog : 03 March 2009 at 07:22 AM.

01 January 2006
Much to read, but here it's a WIP...

...and the first step of modeling is already started :

Ground floor of the tower inspire by the one of Kormocz, high of 40 meters.

Other side...
The characters are here to give an idea about the global scale of the building.

Last edited by Lemog : 03 March 2009 at 07:23 AM.

01 January 2006
Hey - you started! Congrats for the first steps here - I'm subscribing to not miss a step

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

01 January 2006
Hey Laurent!

Great to see that you finally started this huge project ! You've made us all so curious, now I'll follow your progress eagerly! *subscribe*

-sabrina

01 January 2006
Well, I agree. Who wants to miss a project like that? Subscription has already been taken care of...

01 January 2006
I'm in !!!
OMG , this thread's gonna explode

Yay , it's finally started .... Ô Joie
Great start already , I see polys ...

C'mon master Lemog

Will be back every hours to check updates

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

01 January 2006
Originally Posted by Neeno: on your way lemog.. another piece im sure will be spectacular as always.. will be keeping track

Hey Marcel... glad to see you're the first here my friend... thanks for the support...

Originally Posted by Gunilla: Hey - you started! Congrats for the first steps here - I'm subscribing to not miss a step

Already find the thread Gunie... you're so strong... how can you do to be everywhere ? thanks to subscribe for an another thread dear

Originally Posted by daWinky: Hey Laurent!

Great to see that you finally started this huge project ! You've made us all so curious, now I'll follow your progress eagerly! *subscribe*

-sabrina

and Sabie too... good yes, It's finally started... not easy, a little speed... but it started... thanks to be here Mrs Loreleď...

LimboDancer -> thanks for your interest Limbo

Originally Posted by Zapan: Will be back every hours to check updates

Hahaha... remember, I have a drawing to finish before
But now I'm here, I'm obliged to continue...

01 January 2006
...is coming something good here.

Hi Laurent, amazing theme, lot work, but you'll to get.

5 stars?

Best my friend,
Alan

01 January 2006
Originally Posted by alancamara: ...is coming something good here.

Hi Laurent, amazing theme, lot work, but you'll to get.

5 stars?

Best my friend,
Alan

Good to see you too my friend... you're right...lot of work... If I will be able ? maybe, don't know... when I think to the amount of work, I'm afraid... I just hope to have the force and the motivation... many months or years of work hahahaha... poor CgTalk server

01 January 2006
Morning girls and guys...

and the morning update, the second floor of the tower...

The modeling can appear very simple, but I must take care to the polys number, I must always thinking to the final number of buildings in the scene...

Last edited by Lemog : 03 March 2009 at 07:24 AM.

Thread Closed share thread