how's this coming up?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2006   #1
how's this coming up?

Hi all

This is just a test of timing the movements, trying to give the character some stylized feel.

Pls critique/advice as to how the whole thing is coming up!

www.beenahemkar.com/Animasters/scene.avi

Regards

Sandy

Old 01 January 2006   #2
??

I'm sure you guys can download this file! and its animation WIP therein!and i'm sure there shud be somthing to comment!

Hey Capel, where are you? Missing your comments here!

REgards

Sandy

Old 01 January 2006   #3
hey there Sandy. sorry, i can't download avi's at work. only mov's.... i'll try to remember to check it out when i get home.

Old 01 January 2006   #4
this place is real quite sometimes and i dont know why!
I'm sure what we posted is animation!

sandy

Last edited by SandeepMaithani : 01 January 2006 at 11:14 AM.

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Originally Posted by sandy_maith: this place is real quite sometimes and i dont know why!
I'm sure what we posted is animation!

sandy
it's coming out nicely would ad a bit more snap to the bulk of his movenments though, like the first step back needs a little more punch i think.

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thanks for the reply buddy..
actually first two key poses have been taken from a realistic movemnet and i havent really tried giving them a stylized look...but i've slightly reworked the left hand....and thinking of working on the two initial key poses..

www.beenahemkar.com/Animasters/scene.avi

regards

sandy

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Can you give a rundown of what he's doing? Without some description its pretty hard to critique.. since its not entirely clear why he's doing what he's doing (for example, why does he kick his leg up after the jump?).

He's some general feedback after watching it a few times:

-The camera movement is *really* distracting. I'd try limiting it a lot more, especially right after the jump. With the camera moving as it does, the first few times I watched it I thought the block was moving.

-I'd also change up the characters staging a bit. Right now he's standing in profile to the camera through many parts of the animation. Turning him just enough to see both of his eyes would really help cement him in the scene (and lets the audiance see facial expressions and eye movement more clearly, whenever you add those).

-More bending at the wrist, and involvment with the hands. Right now the hands are really 'flat', and fairly static. Theres also no 'snap' in the wrists, which looks odd in places like where he raises his hands to push the block - they simply tween from one pose to another.

-Theres no 'impact' when he lands after the jump. His head twists, but doesn't dip down showing the weight of his massive noggin. His arms are also rock-solid, and don't dip at all - which really kills any sense of weight.

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread