Sketchbook Thread of Aggie93

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2006
Sketchbook Thread of Aggie93

06 Jan 21: Sketch from last night

01 January 2006
Talking

aggie93,

Good to see your Anatomy Thread! Very nice drawing you have here ~ looking forward to seeing more.

The one thing that I would request is that you limit the size of the images that you post to no more than 800 pixels wide by appropriate pixel length. Try not to post huge images ~ so people don't have to scroll to see your image.

You always want to save your large image for yourself, but create a smaller copy to be posted to the web. Be careful not to resize your original image ~ always make a copy and then resize that for web posting.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
Anatomy Thread of Aggie93

Well, after a month of having Art Rage, I am submitting my first digital painting. I am having a hard time. I think it is because I am having to use a touch pad mouse on my laptop to do this. I need a tablet and pen. This is as fine a brush stroke as the software would let me get too.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/29395168/

02 February 2006
Talking

Hey aggs, Great to see your thread go up! OMG, you did that piece with a touch pad mouse? Walk, do not run, to your favorite internet site and order yourself a wacom!

People always recommend newegg.com to me for discount stuff. Check there to see if they have an inexpensive one.

You should post your OFDW pieces here as well!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Hey aggs, Great to see your thread go up! OMG, you did that piece with a touch pad mouse? Walk, do not run, to your favorite internet site and order yourself a wacom!

People always recommend newegg.com to me for discount stuff. Check there to see if they have an inexpensive one.

You should post your OFDW pieces here as well!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Rebecca - Thanks. It took awhile to do that because my finger kept getting heywire with the strokes. I kept having to erase. It is kinda like finger painting!

Whatcha mean, double post my OFDWs? Once on the OFDW and once on this thread?

02 February 2006
Talking

LMAO ~ double~posting to your Anatomy Thread is kosher and the standard practice Aggs ~ the OFDW threads are about group work, and your Anatomy Thread like a diary of your work. You can of course get feedback in both places.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
I just checked out that website, newegg. I found seven wacoms. One is under $100 the rest seem to be over $200. Whats the deal?

Oh, and I thought I'd leave this dedicated to digital art. Seeing it is a CG forum. My other work is traditional, something I am more comfortable with. Right!?

Ag

02 February 2006
The graphire's have less sensitivity and lack nice things like extra buttons The intuos models are much better for drawing/painting. I have read in more than one place that if you're doing any sort of drawing/painting the intuous is well worth it.

02 February 2006
Hi Aggie! Good to see your participating here.. and I have to say, given thats using artrage and a mouse tracker pad, I'm bloomin' impressed! They have to be two of the most unweidy tools for digital painting, and you've still manage to capture a sense of line and form regardless. Definitely get a wacom! The graphire ones arent as good as the intuos ones, but, if you're just starting out, the cheaper option can be better to try it ou and see if it works for you. I worked on the smallest graphire tablet digitally up until just before christmas when I splashed out on a load of new kit, including a intuos A4 tablet, which is the bees knees, but I can still get pretty much the same results with the smaller one by fiddling with brush and sensitivity settings in Photoshop. If you can afford the slightly bigger A5 one, then go for that rather than the intuos, I'd say, cause I've found having the ability to flow with curves was more important to me than having better sensivity to pressure.

And I will respond to your Pm soon too.. I'm not online at home, which restricts what I can do and let you see the set up I work with with the pencils. In the meanwhile, I'd love to see some of your traditional stuff... although this is a CG website, alot of the anatomy stuff here incorporates traditional work too.

02 February 2006
OK, I will post my OFDW 12 here too, since I got Rebecca's blessing.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d...ie93/Dentea.jpg

Zepyhri - Thanks! I wished I could pass the cost off as a business expense. I am just a cartographer professionally. I have a summasketch III with a 16 button mouse for digitizing. That was a business expense. Painting and drawing is my passion, it just doesn't pay. I will send you a PM on my site with my art work.

Ags

Last edited by Rebeccak : 02 February 2006 at 11:36 PM.

02 February 2006
Here is my WIP on the OFDW 14. Bad picture, I will see if this hotel has a scanner later.

02 February 2006
Talking

Heya aggs, you have 'my blessing' to post your OFDW piece as a picture and not as a link, as well!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
I do not guess I know how to do that. I use the mountain icon and it always comes up as a link, everyone elses does too, on my computer.

Ag

Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Heya aggs, you have 'my blessing' to post your OFDW piece as a picture and not as a link, as well!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

02 February 2006
Ag,

Refresh your page. Can you see the image now?

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
No It doesn't seem to work.

Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Ag,

Refresh your page. Can you see the image now?

Thread Closed share thread