Max 8 undo = crash

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2006   #1
Max 8 undo = crash

I have retail version of max 8.
Undo is rediculously slow and crashes about 1/3 times.
Anyone know of a fix

Old 01 January 2006   #2
if you are working on cloth and using garment maker then this is definitely a problem, i dont remember how i resolved it but if this is what you are doing then done undo right after applying the garment maker modifier as it will crash.

for other reasons you might want to install the service pack 1 and switch your video driver and see if this helps.

Old 01 January 2006   #3
I have had this problem alot when working with en edit poly modifier in my stack. I now almost never use it becase not only does it crash my MAX completely it also totaly destroys the mesh without the possibility to correct it. This means i have to go back to previously saved versions (if i have any). I once worked on an object for atleast a day. And suddenly it crashed while undoing in edit poly modifier mode. Not only did it totally destroy my mesh but it detroyed my previous svaed files also. They all looked the same. Topology was all over the place. I have no idea how that happened but needless to say i am very causious while using and undoing in epoly modifer mode.

Old 01 January 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread