Exporter 3DSMAX to .X

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2006   #1
Exporter 3DSMAX to .X

Hi
Is there any exporter of 3dsMax to .X with support of biped(Character Studio) and skin?

I saw Panda exporter but not support skin biped, only physique
Thanks in advance

Old 01 January 2006   #2
are you a game developer?? i also know the pains of not having a proper .x exporter which supports skinned meshes. a .x exporter is currently being created to support skinned meshes so i hear.

theres one way around this problem, but it requires maya

Old 01 January 2006   #3
I haven't tried this myself, but one possible work around that I have heard of is to export your biped as an *.fbx, then reset and import that same *.fbx. Doing that is supposed to convert the biped to bones and allow you to export it as an *.X file.

Old 01 January 2006   #4
Another tip on exporting to *.X, while I am thinking about it.
Concerning the Panda exporter, I have noticed before that the X file it creates doesn't always work as expected when i then load it into my app. Some kinda anomoly that I haven't quite gotten a real definition/reason on.
If this happens, open it up in the MeshViewer that comes with the DirectX SDK, and re-save it from there. That seems to straighten it out.

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread