Scarecrow, Dávid Páncsics (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #1
Scarecrow, Dávid Páncsics (2D)

Title: Scarecrow
Name: Dávid Páncsics
Software: Photoshop

Hi all, this is my new finished picture, well it started as a sketch, and ... it turned out quite nice, and i would like to get some crit, plz drop a short comment if you can, i would be greatful!
So this is a redesign of an old picture:

thanks,
Dav

Old 12 December 2005   #2
Question

I'm kind of torn on this re-make. I think it looks good but I feel like there should be more perspective and the focus is split between the crows and the scarecrow. In addition, the original one, although not fully worked out seems stronger. It's more dramatic while being more simplistic.

Old 12 December 2005   #3
Thanks for the comment!
Well, yes, maybe... it has more contrast and its in 2d. In the new picture I tried to use less contrast, and add some dept for the whole concept... I felt the old sketch a bit too strong.

But thanx for the comment, you are right!

Old 01 January 2006   #4
yeah... crows!

Hi,

i realy like the upper part of your pic . The red, nearly apocalyptic looking sky an the crows - realy cool. colors are great.

but... i would prefer the scarecrow of your old picture. the pink is, i don´t know... i think it doesn´t realy fit in.
have you tried red or orange tones? could help- but i don´t know.

keep on painting...

c.

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Heeyy! Thanx for the comment!

Well i wanted to add some extra with the purple light, but maybe the red would be more atmospheric.

I like the crows as well, im glad you like it

Dav

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Nice, I like the colours & texture of the painting. Well done.

Life is but a dream...
http://www.3d-fanatic.com

Old 08 August 2006   #7
Cool

I like the new version better but I also like the scarecrow in the older one also. So I would add a good size crow on the scarecrow done just like the older scarecrow (maybe with a couple of minor highlights, plus I think it would add to the eerieness (if that's a word) of the crows in the piece. Them not being afraid.

Old 08 August 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread