Graphics Tablet/Wacom size preference

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #1
Graphics Tablet/Wacom size preference

Hello all. I have been reading many posts on graphics tablets, specifically, the WACOM brand. Amazon has the Intuos3 9x12 for $400 bucks, which is probably the tablet I will purchase. I was wondering what size you prefer for your tablet and what are the caveats of getting a smaller 6x8 tablet? BTW, this will be my first tablet (as if you couldn't tell), and I am not too familiar any graphics software. Also, until I build my next computer, I am currently using USB 1.1.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Josh

Old 12 December 2005   #2
It's a personal preference really. I like my 6x8, sketching on anything larger would annoy me I think. Others prefer to sketch on the larger 9x12. The best suggestion is to try each size and see which feels more natural to you. The other option is to have a look at your own style and see if a larger or smaller tablet would suit yourself better.

Old 12 December 2005   #3
Thanks for the response. I am gonna go with the Graphire4 6x8 being that this is my first tablet, then maybe move on up to the larger Intuos at some point. Thanks.

Old 12 December 2005   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread