Diian - Horse of the Wizard

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #1
Diian - Horse of the Wizard

I'm in the process of creating a still, one that should lead to a whole lot more. After having modeled the sword of the Wizard Diian, I'm now in the process of modeling his horse.

Constructive comments and crits are more then welcome.

Wim

*Edit* Latest Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by animalunae : 03 March 2006 at 12:05 PM.

Old 12 December 2005   #2
Very nice work, but the horse seems to be too muscular.

Can we have a unsmoothed wire?

Old 12 December 2005   #3
Yea, it seems like he could use more roundness to his back legs, too. The musculature will be toned down a little by the hair you end up giving him, I guess.

Old 12 December 2005   #4
dagann: yeah the muscles are still to much expressed, because in this stage I just want to make sure I have correct topology. My reference consisted more of anatomical drawings rather then pictures, that will be my second phase.

CAAB: The back legs are still very very basic, I hardly did anything more then put up the base mesh, I'll get to that tomorrow during my lunch break

Some wires, wanted to up them before I went to Kong but I ran out of time, so here they are.

Old 12 December 2005   #5
is there an iteration on your wire pics?

I m very inquisitive since i'm also working on a horse(but i made a break)

Old 12 December 2005   #6
What do you mean?

Old 12 December 2005   #7
He's asking if the wires that you posted are smoothed.

Old 12 December 2005   #8
Oh Sorry... No it's presmoothed.

Old 12 December 2005   #9
Update, I detailed the legs, I'm not quite fond of the rear toes, but I might redo them later...

Old 12 December 2005   #10
Few renders...

Old 12 December 2005   #11
Nice work a usual.
Can't wait to see the head.

How many hours did you spent on this model?

(In my opinion, in you wire pics, it would be better if you don't use the presmooth, since it make the wire a bit messy.)

Old 12 December 2005   #12
Thanks... I think I'm at about 20 hours modeling roughly estimated... This mesh is pre-smooth, I smooth it for renders and to check the shape of the final obviously.

Old 01 January 2006   #13
An update, redid the rear legs, still working on the base for the head.

Old 01 January 2006   #14
Hey Derby,

I am about to start modeling a horse for a personal project as well and was wondering what kind of "blueprints" are you using. If you could PM me so that would be great. Thanks.

Keep up the good work. It looks freaking awesome.

Old 01 January 2006   #15
Piece of advice. When you model things like animals, don't use blueprints, you have to create something that we see daily in perspective, modeling orthographic will give you bad proportions... You can start with a side view, there's plenty of horse pictures taken from the side, but once you have basic proportions, don't touch the side view anymore, work in perspective, look at pictures, sculpt from there, it will get you way better results... Other then that, use anatomy drawings of horses... There's plenty of that on the web, sorry I can't help further.

*Edit* I figured you were a car modeler Nice work though.

Thread Closed share thread