CGTalk > WIP > WIP/Critique: 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 12-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #1
Maaahshoe
Veteran

Angry Big Stubby Assassin

Hi,

Heres a character I'm currently working on! I'm using MAX. The head is just an old model from a previous character I did some time ago.Right at this moment I'm focusing on the suit coat. I'm wondering how you guys would go about rigging him up.

I am a little hesitant to use a cloth simulation. So I had the idea of modelling in some stylised folds into the sleave of the suit coat. I was planning on using Morpher, or perhaps even Skin morph to morph between the wrinkled model and the relaxed model.

Problem I'm facing is around the shoulder area and the whole sleave itself. First off the sleave. Being a fabric it would conform to the arm within the sleave, sooo I'm wondering if its possible to some how combine my modelled wrinkles with a cloth sim. I know its possible to restrict certain areas of the mesh to only be affected by the cloth sim but not sure whether its possible to blend a morpher and cloth sim together.

The other option I was going to take was to use my model with the wrinkles set and ontop of that apply a skin morpher. Using the skin morpher to fix the buckling under the arm.

I'm hoping someone could give me a solution to this. All I can think of is the morphing and skinning solution, and perhaps combining a cloth sim but will have to test it out.

I've attached 3 shots of the character. A wire frame(topology still needs work on sleave), render with and without wrinkle morph.

All critiques welcome!

Thanks,

Matt

Old 12-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread