Realistic Bullet Wound.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
Realistic Bullet Wound.

I'm doing a urban setting piece for a friend of mine for a graphics project. I want to do a scene of a man slump against the wall with a bullet wound in the chest and a bloodsmear behind him with some bullet holes in the wall. However, I have been able to find help on how to make the bloodsplatter and bullet holes, but i cannot find any site giving tutorials on realistic BULLET wounds. All i have been able to find are regular wounds, like scratches and gashes. If anyone can help, i would greatly appreciate it.

-Grace
I hate stupid people.

12 December 2005
There are many kinda bullet wounds. Frankly the best way is to use reference and figure it out for yourself.

Try going to Ogrish.com for that kinda image (WARNING: NOT 4 THE SQUEEMISH).

If you find an image you like post your images here (maybe just a text link to the reference photo) and we will have a look.

12 December 2005
I also recommend you look at computer games for inspiration. Specifically Counter Strike: Source and F.E.A.R. as they have quite realistic blood spatter and wound decals.

12 December 2005
Ah thanks. I would have never thought to look to my shooters. Thanks alot, that is just the inspiration i needed.

-Grace
I hate stupid people.

12 December 2005
You can use the photos of ogrish or othe site and to apply them on its photo, using layer masks, transform...

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread