Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #1
Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

Quote:
"A Chicago man who bought Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox 360 has sued the world's largest software maker, saying the new video game console has a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.
"
>>LINK<<
-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 12 December 2005   #2
Ha! I knew 360 was cheaper. just compare it's graphics quality vs the ps3

...wonder if he'll win?

Old 12 December 2005   #3
Lol In England if you buy something thats broken you take it back.

In America you sue them? I dont get it?

Meh I'll stick with my pc.

Simon

Old 12 December 2005   #4
yeah...that's really funny...if i were him i'd have taken it back. why the hell should someone sue? just dont buy the product dude!

Old 12 December 2005   #5
Originally Posted by Dagibit: Ha! I knew 360 was cheaper. just compare it's graphics quality vs the ps3

...wonder if he'll win?

you mean the still no announced release dates, no confirmed in-game footage PS3? Yeah, it's graphics are so totally awesome. <sarcasm>I mean...damn...that pre-rendered killzone trailer, that really showed the raw power of the console.<sarcasm> It's pretty dumb to judge the graphical capability of any of these consoles before the console/games are released.

anyway, I had some crashes and a few error messages, but nothing that pissed me off to bad. Whenever you buy first-gen consoles, you're bound to run into manufacturing glitches - twas the same with the dreamcast, PS1, PS2 and Xbox. Sounds like this guy is trying to make a quick buck by blowing this way out of proportion.

Old 12 December 2005   #6
Originally Posted by Dagibit: Ha! I knew 360 was cheaper. just compare it's graphics quality vs the ps3

kinda hard to compare the two systems when one of them isn't even out.

the guy won't win. every piece of electronic hardware will have some margin of error. i've bought hard drives that are 100% dead right out of the box. if it doesn't work, take it back or send it in for repairs.

Old 12 December 2005   #7
Originally Posted by KWAK: It's pretty dumb to judge the graphical capability of any of these consoles before the console/games are released...

...Sounds like this guy is trying to make a quick buck by blowing this way out of proportion.

Yes, you are right... I just havent seen anything impressive other than polycount, or scattered reflections. They do have real gameplay by the way...

Couldn't say it better myself- American tradition has gone to the dogs.

Old 12 December 2005   #8
Lightwave crashes every day. WHEN im WORKING with expensive time sensitive work. Windows crashes often.

Wheres my free money?

Old 12 December 2005   #9
Originally Posted by 3rd user: yeah...that's really funny...if i were him i'd have taken it back. why the hell should someone sue? just dont buy the product dude!

Where is anyone in America going to possibly find a store that has an XBox 360 in stock that he could exchange it for? The most he would've got is a store credit for when more come in (January?)

Not that he should have sued, I'd just like to point out exchanging it isn't gonna happen.

Old 12 December 2005   #10
I think the man is only trying to get attention. How many other of the thousands of suits that are filed daily make the front page news? Practily none. This guys is too easily offended.

Old 12 December 2005   #11
what a joke

If this guy wins the case, I am going to sue Microsoft for selling me WindowsXP.
Bastards.

Old 12 December 2005   #12
I wonder what damages he's seeking. Emotional distress? Does MS owe this guy money because the world isn't perfect?

Old 12 December 2005   #13
What ever you want to say about sony, at least the games work when you buy their systems. I saw the xbox 360 glitch and crash right in front of me. What type of presentation is that? What ever happened to spit and polish? Just like microsoft to expect users to download "upgrades" and patches for games they've bought. What if you are like me and don't plan to play online at all, what will you do then? Will you have to wait till they release service pack 2 with every Halo 3 disk?

Old 12 December 2005   #14
Originally Posted by lestdog: I wonder what damages he's seeking. Emotional distress? Does MS owe this guy money because the world isn't perfect?

Theylle be people sueing microsoft for making them fat next.

Old 12 December 2005   #15
"I wonder what damages he's seeking. Emotional distress? Does MS owe this guy money because the world isn't perfect?"

No, they owe him money becuase they took out a buggy piece of crap and made him pay $500 for it.

Thread Closed share thread