Twilght Scooter Angels (Character Development)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
Twilght Scooter Angels (Character Development)

Striking while the iron is hot to start developing my 2D Spectacular piece into a comic.

This thread for character sketches & designs.

I want lots of characters who have deep backgrounds to make the 'background', especially of the street scenes, more believable in terms of story-telling. The piece as a whole is to have a central theme of 'solidarity' running through it... in one form or another.

I feel that if the reader identifies positively with more than a manageable ammount of characters, they might become more attuned to be sympathetic toward the 'whole'.

The characters in this piece are a young Romeo and Juliet who live in the lead characters neighbourhood... (their families hate each other as naturally as breathing - caused by a generation-old dispute over a lawnmower).

Shadowing the pair - caught in the flash of an advertising projector - is one of the leading field operatives of the Twlight Scooter Angels ~ 'Blind' Hugo Geoghan, (so called because his many defeated enemies know that even if he was blind - he'd still have kicked their arses)

Hope to update this nonsense very regularly after the New Year. All comments, ideas, criticism and antagonism welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boy_girl_TSAGhost02.jpg (65.7 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Screenblind : 11 November 2005 at 10:40 PM.

11 November 2005
Omm, that is a very cool style I like the colour & lines, kinda crazy and spontaneous which I guess was what you were aiming for...?

11 November 2005
Just experimenting with my new drawing tablet, so most of the initial roughs will be speed drawn like this - also playing with typography and how characters might 'interact' with some of it (it will hopefully be a comic one day after all!). Thanks for your comments.

11 November 2005
Detail: 'Blind' Hugo

Primarily a user of Bagua and Kapuera, this Field Expert occasionally even finds himself using good old kung fu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlindHugo01.jpg (35.7 KB, 15 views)

11 November 2005
Detail: 'Boy'

The current love-torn owner of the magical skateboard which 'Blind' Hugo is sworn before death to protect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boy01.jpg (46.1 KB, 9 views)

11 November 2005
THe whole scene. I hope the colour and lighting suggests that 'Blind' Hugo is the couples' shadow - and that he is somehow ethereally linked to the skateboard.... and that the skateboard gives strange powers to its' rider.

Advice warmly received about how better this may be achieved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shadow01.jpg (94.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Screenblind : 11 November 2005 at 10:37 PM.

12 December 2005
Heroes of The Revolution 01 ~ Blind Hugo

Character Development. The Not-Blind Special Forces operative in action against the local Constabulary and Company of US Marines in the initial East Sussex Uprising.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlindHugo02.jpg (84.4 KB, 10 views)

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread