Maxwell Render V1.0 Interface Shots!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
Maxwell Render V1.0 Interface Shots!

Update on Maxwell Render. Looks interesting.

New White Paper:

http://www.maxwellrender.com/whitepaper/index.htm

Last edited by Continuumx : 11 November 2005 at 12:40 AM.

11 November 2005
More info on those little render previews:

Quote: victor
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:25 am

Yes, it is an GI unbiased render preview with some options to control the speed and quality.

Quote: victor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:44 am

Previews are taking a few seconds (for simple scenes), anyway there will be ways to control speed and quality.
Design|Energy|Computation

Last edited by Continuumx : 11 November 2005 at 12:58 AM.

11 November 2005
This newest development is suggesting some kind of realtime previewing of placements of lights(emitter) and objects, and materials! So there will be no need for full test renders with Maxwell Render.

There is also a compass for scene direction placed in the viewport layout for exact location of the physical sun.

Last edited by Continuumx : 11 November 2005 at 01:04 AM.

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by Continuumx: This newest development is suggesting some kind of realtime previewing

There is also a compass for scene direction placed in the viewport layout for exact location of the physical sun.

Thank goodness for the improvement on the sun location. And that you, for pushing so hard. I made a few posts, but you've really been on the picket lines with signs, chanting.

And I guess we now know why the product is so f*ing late. They thought they needed to write a whole new app. Object lists? Tri groups? They are crazy. The plug-in using the host app to manage all that stuff was fine, they just needed to make the core more efficient. And functional.

I guess the lesson here is that those who did not learn from Lightscape are destined to repeat it.

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by Ernest Burden: Thank goodness for the improvement on the sun location. And that you, for pushing so hard. I made a few posts, but you've really been on the picket lines with signs, chanting.

And I guess we now know why the product is so f*ing late. They thought they needed to write a whole new app. Object lists? Tri groups? They are crazy. The plug-in using the host app to manage all that stuff was fine, they just needed to make the core more efficient. And functional.

I guess the lesson here is that those who did not learn from Lightscape are destined to repeat it.

It looks like they are taking our wishlists and suggestions to heart. I have some agreement here with the interface, not sure why so much was needed as a lot of users have the very best in 3D interfaces built into their native programs. This one looks to have few similarities with C4DR9 and R9.5- the HUD elements, viewport selection visual cues, object axis gizmos and such.

I am going along with their need for an interface because of the exposure we get to the advanced materials editing.

Check the other post I made for how Victor describes the plugins and standalone to work. It is pretty cool, you can use this interface to design your new materials and backload them into C4D through the plugin as a material to be used in C4D. Pretty cool, different approach, I really hope they also open up the engine through the standalone so there is an advanced engine editor zone for those that want to tickle the render engine functions a bit.

11 November 2005
Man-that makes me even more happy that i had faith and just ordered a second license a few days ago at half price:-)))))

looking very good- this is the time of the renderengines-wow!

cheers
stefan

11 November 2005
thanks for uploading these Continuumx i was trying to see what was there from the whitepaper but can't get a good view..so good to see something more of a close up. certainly things have come on from last release and rc seems a dramatic additions to core part...if nl get plugin integration nailed down in next 12 months then we're gonna have a deal breaker on our hands, as its offering a light quality to its images even in its present state which just kicks imho.

Henry Moore

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by flingster: thanks for uploading these Continuumx i was trying to see what was there from the whitepaper but can't get a good view..so good to see something more of a close up. certainly things have come on from last release and rc seems a dramatic additions to core part...if nl get plugin integration nailed down in next 12 months then we're gonna have a deal breaker on our hands, as its offering a light quality to its images even in its present state which just kicks imho.

No problem, I am just as surprised when they release these things!

Another thing that Victor mentioned is that you do not have to go through the standalone interface, you only need to use it if you want to take advantage of the maxwell specific materials creation or use the faster render preview and other features etc. of the standalone.

You could very well stay in C4D the whole time and never venture into the standalone.

I see the work flow being that you have C4D open and Maxwell standalone open. You just go back and forth, adjusting materials, lighting, creation of objects, editing of objects, cinema 4D specific materials "making"; "baking" you name it. Just move back and forth to spice things up!

11 November 2005
well that will be good if the bridge between the two is stable and usable otherwise it will turn into a nightmare...if they get this transition between the two right its not likely to be a problem though.

Henry Moore

12 December 2005
just got my new licenses for RC1- the still claim to deliver it tomorrow!

i am curious-lets see:-)

cheers
stefan

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by lllab: just got my new licenses for RC1- the still claim to deliver it tomorrow!

i am curious-lets see:-)

yes all these new developments i broke down as well and purchased two licenses. i figure the two for one was pretty tempting - at least enough for me with some acutal progress being shown.

i'm looking forward to seeing the RC and hopefully it runs smooth enough for basic production use.

dann
-

12 December 2005
Only hours remain for the 2nd December,2005 to be remembered through the ages as the 'Day Of RC'.

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by Continuumx: Update on Maxwell Render. Looks interesting.

geez... i got all hyped up and bought two licenses especially cause it was so close to release (i purchased wednesday night) and now nothing... silence...

and now the maxwell forum is for vips only (registered users) of which i am one now though... but where the heck is it!? : )

i'm not sure how on earth they could justify any further dealy with how the past few weeks have been... anybody heard anything?

dann
-

12 December 2005
dan for applying to the vip forum, check the blue text "usergroup" and apply in a short delay youshould access the forum as a vip...

for the rest, check your download link

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by vesalus: dan for applying to the vip forum, check the blue text "usergroup" and apply in a short delay youshould access the forum as a vip...

for the rest, check your download link

yeah i am registered as a VIP - what download link? are they sending out the final ones?

dann
-

Thread Closed share thread