Maxwell Render v1.0 delayed

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2005   #1
Maxwell Render v1.0 delayed

M~R delivery has been delayed until "next month, December", per NL email dated 19.11.05.

Better baked than half-baked.

Old 11 November 2005   #2
Uggh... well at least we get a Release Candidate next week... otherwise there would have been a riot!!!

Old 11 November 2005   #3
aha.

why im not surprised.

Old 11 November 2005   #4
:-) i should have made a bet.

i was 100% sure they would delay it!
well at least we get something- at least i hope that. it still could happen that there is no c4d plugin ready;-)

well lets see tomorrow.

cheers
stefan

Last edited by lllab : 11 November 2005 at 05:16 PM.

Old 11 November 2005   #5
Any of you feel that Maxwell Render looks like a Strata rendering engine but only slower?

Old 11 November 2005   #6
i think quality wise Maxwell might very well leave the rest behind, (maybe even nearing the mighty LightScape's quallity), but it'll be interesting to see how the production bundle differs in speed to the test version.

at the mo, Maxwell isn't anywhere near usable for deadlines and production work, and unless it has a MASSIVE leap in it's render times then it'll remain un-usable in this respect. (and by massive i mean well over 50% faster)

all my opinion of course

funny these delays though. maxon's AR, vray, FR2, Maxwell etc etc all in the same boat. quite the norm.

[edit] again, all imo [edit]

Last edited by STRAT : 11 November 2005 at 09:40 AM.

Old 11 November 2005   #7
what "Maxons AR" delay?

Old 11 November 2005   #8
the next one (which, imo, should have been this current one considering known rendering faults that were pointed out to maxon well over a year ago, but were ignored)

Old 11 November 2005   #9
Sorry, but did they announce a new version anywhere? How is it delayed? You already know the next update's features?

The "render faults"? Ah yes i see, big bad old Maxon eh? So evily not fixing things pointed out years ago. tsk tsk, there are no other areas of the software that need work it's true. Yes I can see you have been totally ripped off as a user, as it was all hidden from you by Maxon how faulty the software was, indeed the rate of change and development in the world and progression in other rendering solutions produced by teams dedicated to the single solution has no bearing on such a thing, those are frankly base faults from the get go. yes indeed.

Old 11 November 2005   #10
m8, calm down it's only an opinion i have, which doesn't mean a hill of beans to many anyway. and other than the odd fault (which we can all find faults) i love the program. wouldnt choose another. no need to get all defensive dude, doesnt mean anything

Old 11 November 2005   #11
I'm sorry, but that's not really stated as an oppinion, it's being paraded as fact, it's more misinformation.

Old 11 November 2005   #12
i'm usually a stickler for the 'imo' tag, but i put it the wrong side of that statement. i'll edit another in

Old 11 November 2005   #13
Originally Posted by STRAT: m8, calm down it's only an opinion i have, which doesn't mean a hill of beans to many anyway. and other than the odd fault (which we can all find faults) i love the program. wouldnt choose another. no need to get all defensive dude, doesnt mean anything

It's just that things like this got stuck in the heads of people and in a few days noone remembers that it is only you personal opinion and that there was no real delay on anything. This is exactly how rumours and bad opinions are beeing formed by people who do not make their own experience but rely on others writings.

Cheers
Björn

Old 11 November 2005   #14
ok, well in light of that i surely appoligise for the method in which i aired my opinion. perhaps it's wise these last postings are deleted and i take out the AR reference in my original post?

Old 11 November 2005   #15
Originally Posted by STRAT: ok, well in light of that i surely appoligise for the method in which i aired my opinion. perhaps it's wise these last postings are deleted and i take out the AR reference in my original post?

If you are ok with it i would very much prefer to simply leave it as it is. Maybe our short discussion will help others to understand what is happening sometimes

Cheers
Björn

Thread Closed share thread