Shelby Gt500e , Sebastian Postek (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
Shelby Gt500e , Sebastian Postek (3D)

Title: Shelby Gt500e
Name: Sebastian Postek
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

Hi
This is my latest project. The car is made for animation. It was pollymodeled in Max and rendered in Vray. I tryed to make it as realistic as i can.
All C&C are welcome.
regards,
-=s3b=-

11 November 2005
Awesome!! Love it!! Can't wait for the animation

11 November 2005
Lowpoly?!?
Thats awesome! really cool!

11 November 2005
Very nice work, love it
Keep it up...

11 November 2005
Thumbs up

Very nice render. Cool shadows!

11 November 2005
one of my favorite car
nice modeling too
cant wait to see animation

11 November 2005
Very realistic rendering!
The modelling is top notch...beautiful Eleanor!!

Great job!

PS: the front wheel is really close from the wheel arch,
looks like it can't turn and pass a bumper at the same time...

May we see some wireframe?

11 November 2005
Excellent modelling and render, but maybe the front wheels are to big or to close to the car, the suspension has no space to work properly, and I've never seen a bump on the hood like that, and finally aren't those air ducts in the back supossed to be for cars that have the engine in the back? ........anyway I'm not a car expert, so don't believe everything I say...."

11 November 2005
Thumbs up

nice work - very realistic ! pozdrowienia

11 November 2005
Thanks for all your comments.

and here is the wire

C&C are still more then welcome

11 November 2005
Thumbs up

I really like, nice modeling!!!

Congrats!

11 November 2005
The scoops in the back are fine I think, only the hood schoop should cut close to the window because that's how it gets air, and it should cut at the window and now curve down, ya know? Other than that it's great.

11 November 2005
I think its great. Looks very very real. Ill give you 5 stars cause its my fav. car and you've done an excellent job!

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by betito: Excellent modelling and render, but maybe the front wheels are to big or to close to the car, the suspension has no space to work properly, and I've never seen a bump on the hood like that, and finally aren't those air ducts in the back supossed to be for cars that have the engine in the back? ........anyway I'm not a car expert, so don't believe everything I say...."

Agreed. I'll elaborate from a car-geek perspective.

The cowl hood is shaped a little strange. If it's a proper hood scoop, there should be an opening on the front of the raised area. If it's a cowl induction hood then the raised area shouldn't taper back down toward the windshield as the opening is on the back to exploit the high air pressure area where the hood and windshield meet. The only purpose a hood like this would serve is to add clearance to a tall intake manifold or air cleaner and that would starve the engine of air.

The front wheels need less a little less offset (tucked in a inch or two toward the chassis). Especially if you're going to animate this, the body needs to be able to roll just a little bit when cornering (not much with 'Eleanor's' beefed up suspension, but some) and the fender is going to dig right into the tire.

Something about the rendering of the front wheel seems a little off. Too shiny? Too much reflection map? I can't quite put my finger on it.

The vents on the back are actually to channel air over the rear brakes for cooling purposes. Lots of front engined race and sports cars do this (look at the last two generations of corvettes).

All that said, the model looks really well built and the render quality is really great. And great choice of cars to build. Nice work!

11 November 2005
awesome work man.great car,but in my opinion the car's color is a little bit strange.that's only an opinion.great job.**** for you!

Thread Closed share thread