CGTalk > Software Specific Forums > Autodesk Maya > Maya Rendering
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-25-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
Fifth_miracle
Veteran

Yet Another MR Batch Rendering Problem

Hi all,

I spent the morning searching the Maya forums, first so I figured I would just bite the bullet and post.

I'm having problems with the MR batch render. I'm running Maya 7.0 on a 3.5 GHZ P4 with 3 GB of RAM. I usually don't use MR for much more than rendering stills, but have recently decided to get deeper into it.

I'm trying to render a simple model turn around: 30,000 poly model, misss_fast_skin shader, no displacement, with just simple lighting. I can get beautiful renders when rending single frames; but when I start the batch render. The info line say tha trendering is starting only to quit seconds later, stating that rendering is complete.

I cracked open the renderlog.txt file and got this:

10/25/2005

mental ray for Maya 7.0

mental ray: version 3.4.5.2, 06 July 2005

File read in 1 seconds.

Result: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/sphere_render_test/scenes/Turn_color__7364.mb

mental ray: got 8 satellite CPUs.

Info: (mental ray) : loading startup file: C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya7.0/mentalray/maya.rayrc

LIB 0.0 info : mental ray for Maya - startup done

MI 0.0 error 121417: C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya7.0/mentalray/maya.rayrc, line 91: cannot find $include file "C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya7.0/mentalray/include/JS_Reverse.mi"

Error: (Mayatomr.Export) : mental ray startup failed with errors

MSG 0.0 info : wallclock 0:00:06.36 total

MSG 0.0 info : allocated 1 MB, max resident 2 MB

Now looking at the log, I have no clue what's going on. I know its probably a setting thing, for instance it says their are 8 satelite CPU's when theirs only one in my rig.

I haven't uninstalled Maya 6.5 yet, because I wanted to make sure that 7.0 was stable before uninstalling. Could that potentially cause a conflict?

Thank in advance!

Old 10-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
slipknot66
Raio Mental!?

portfolio
Giorgio Adolfo Krenkel
Barra Velha, Brazil

Send a message via AIM to slipknot66 Send a message via MSN to slipknot66 Send a message via Yahoo to slipknot66

Here is your problem (JS_Reverse.mi" ), check your maya.rayrc file to see if you have all your shaders installed or if they are all listed in the maya.rayrc file.Looks like the JS_Reverse.mi is missing.

Bucket Watcher

Old 10-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread