10 second animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
10 second animation

Hi,

This is an animation for the upcoming Oct contest for the 10secondclub that I done. I'm at the point where I don't know where to improve on it and I wondering if I can get some feedback on it. You can find the clip here: http://richardterryclark.com/main.html

Last edited by aRTCy : 11 November 2005 at 07:48 PM.

10 October 2005
I like very mutch your style man!
Great skill in rigging and animation. i like very mutch! Great

kisses from Italy
Palantir

10 October 2005
Thumbs up

Love it and the content of your website. ;o)

take care
Oleg

10 October 2005
Hey, thanks olbo and Palantir. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've gotten to the point where I don't know where to improve on it. Any ideas or anyone else notice something? I was originally going to use cloth sim on the clothing but I just couldn't get it to work exactly how I wanted it so I gave up and skinned the clothes to the biped. It was created in Max.

10 October 2005
When i try to enter in your web for see animation: Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

I'm sorry.

10 October 2005
I just noticed that. First time that's happened to me. Looking for another host right now.

10 October 2005
heh, yeah...same erorr here.

All depending on how big the animation is, i can host it for you.

Else could you just throw it up on at a free host, so we can get the animation ;D

11 November 2005
O.K. those of you who wanted to view it can now. Thanks. Let me know of any crits.

11 November 2005
Man I am having to really fight to find something to critique but if you want one the only suggestion I could make is if you were standing there twisting and turning like that trying to think of something you would probably be twisting your feet with your body so that you are supporting your weight and that would show up in the knews and the exchange of weight when the characters go from screen right to left and this would show up in the knees. I feel it mainly with the guy that is lower half is just static, but it is noticeable on the female also...but this could be taken as advice more then a critique...I would also like to see maybe a little follow-thru or ease into on the bodies,...when they snap into position they hit a little hard...great job though

11 November 2005
Hey, thanks idigm. Yeah, the lower half could use a little work. I'll see if I can improve on that with a couple of replanting footsteps as well as the follow-throughs. Thanks for your critical eye!

11 November 2005
hi friend, i'm here again. I like a lot your clip, very good animated, and funny, in some cases, when change from one pose to another one, it would need some frames more, i think, of course, is my opinion, but, very very good.

Your web is very good too, i like. very good works, modelling, animations...

11 November 2005
Hey man, what happened to your entry? This one was better than the winner and I don't even see it anywhere on the site.

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by FatFatFatty: Hey man, what happened to your entry? This one was better than the winner and I don't even see it anywhere on the site.

For some reason, it got lost in the database. I posted it at the 10secondclub Forum but I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't compete. Thanks, though. I'm glad you liked it. On the bright side, I do have something new for my reel.

11 November 2005
Hey man,
I think your ten sec animation is great. I also checked out your site and the Triune Threat was awesome too! Did you do all the animation?? That's a really impressive short. Thanks for the inspiration.

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by Joscoon: Hey man,
I think your ten sec animation is great. I also checked out your site and the Triune Threat was awesome too! Did you do all the animation?? That's a really impressive short. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks Joscoon, I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, everything on the Triune short is mine except for the music ofcourse. I still feel like my animation skills can improve on that one but I've never had the time to go back on it.

Thread Closed share thread