3D Paint tool (not paintable on new session)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2005   #1
3D Paint tool (not paintable on new session)

h'yall

sttp: when I continue a texturing session in maya (7.0) the next day, seemingly the 3d paint tool does not allow me to continue painting my textures.

I get this error:
Quote: // Warning: Some surfaces have no file texture assigned to the current attribute. //
the only solution I can see is editing the tripleShadingSwitch inputs in hypershade.

I haven't changed any settings or edited the model. just painting the texture and saving the .mb file when finished for the day/session.

btw: I also use the "Assign Textures" button, that allows me to continue but it makes all my OTHER parts black (no map) ...the only solution is tweaking the tripleShadingSwitch as I said.

anyone got any ideas? thanks

Last edited by CLusTeR-pHoBiK : 10 October 2005 at 02:48 AM.

Old 10 October 2005   #2
have u tried saving as an ma? ive heard doing that fixes some problems

Old 10 October 2005   #3
well first make sure you have the texture assigned to only one object, having it assigned to multiple and trying to paint will give that error every time.

all those texture files and temps just get saved to the 3dPaintTextures folder in your project folder, if you had to just make a new shader and use the newest map in the color slot and start painting again.

www.Nix3d.com

Old 10 October 2005   #4
thanks guys!

.ma? hmm I'll give it a try.

Quote: well first make sure you have the texture assigned to only one object....

that's where the tripleShadingSwitch is usefull as it allows working on multiple object pieces as needed. I need to see all the parts at the same time as I paint (important texture templates for further development in painter). so if needed I manually edit the tripleShadingSwitch for my needs.

just wondering if anyone had any work-arounds for this? (ie: so there is less of a headache while working on it)

la8er

Old 10 October 2005   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread