showing off a bit of my comic style

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2002
showing off a bit of my comic style

These sketches are about 100k each (theres 2 of them).
Just thought I'd get some feedback on my comics style.
these probably took me about 1-2 hours each...they're just comps from my sketchbook, and they were drawn full size on 17x14 paper( I always try to draw big). hope you like!

Last edited by Titan : 02 February 2002 at 10:39 PM.

02 February 2002
Thumbs down Good ones

Hi there

First, I think they are both great drawings. If, as you say you were going for the comic book style, you've probably got it.

I'd just add a couple of nitpicks, nothing too serious:

1st drawing of the black girl (I assume she's black because of the afro ) - the right shoulder seems too big(I know there's armor, but it seems unbalanced), and the left hand seems to need a bit more work.

The 2nd drawing - well, maybe just her breasts, they look a bit strange, and perhaps her shoulders too, they seem a bit too big. Aso, the shading is a bit strange, particularly on her arms.

Anyway, it's easy to criticize, but hard to create, so in all, I think you did a great job.

02 February 2002
thanks Pedro glad you like them....

yeah I always tend to notice the little proportion breaks after I step back from it, as I mentioned, I draw them fairly large and sometimes just forget to step back from them and check my proprtions.

these are just sketchbook examples so I tend not to go too overboard with the finishes on each piece, its mainly just to keep me drawing. usually when I do something like a painting or a full illustration for black and white or color I'd send a lot more time on them.

thanks for the crit!

02 February 2002
Great drawings! I like the Pheonix.....maybe you can smooth out the lines a bit and the hands look a bit small with short fingers, but overall they great... Did you work in the comic biz or do you want to? Just curious

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread