JennaV2.2.2 - red bounding box only.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2005   #1
JennaV2.2.2 - red bounding box only.

It is me; I know. I have been playing with Jenna & 9.5 but all I get is a red bounding box. Would someone put me out of the world's misery? Actually, just tell me what I am doing wrong this time.

BTW, having the same prob with 2.2.4; 2.1.1 works fine in 8.5 (those were simpler times).

Cheers

Old 10 October 2005   #2
I think that's the standard behavior for Jenna when it is not registered. Did you buy it or are you just running it in demo mode?

Jack

Old 10 October 2005   #3
Hey Jack,

According to the v2.1.1 manual, 'If the first item read "About Jenna" under the Jenna menu then Jenna is already registered.' When I go 9.5>Plugins>CaJenna, the first Jenna list item is "About". It's not exactly "About Jenna" but I figured it was registered.

When it still didn't work, I thought it might be a serial number issue with 2.2.2 so, I downloaded a new one yesterday and, like the 2.2 S/N, I get "Invalid Key". Maybe I'm running it in demo and didn't see the indicator. Also, I didn't see mention of demo mode in the manual. How do I undo the demo mode? I'll look on this end.

In the AM under Object Properties for Iterator, there is a button with a red star and "registration" which also opens "About". In the same spot, I also found that I can "Unregister" by clicking on the "About" button to the right of the red star/"registration". Do I want to do that?

This kind of a long post, SAT.

L.

Old 10 October 2005   #4
Jack, in case you check here, I solved it but do not quite understand why. In the preceding post, I noted finding a red star + "registration" in the AM when Iterator was open. Tonight, I clicked on that registration button and decided what the and entered the 2.2 S/N. I got "Valid Key :: Happy Jennasizing". Why did this work? Earlier, I had tried the 2.2 registration S/N via Plugins>CaJenna>About>Registration and it was a no go. Scratching head here.

Old 10 October 2005   #5
Stupid question: Is Jenna even for sale anymore?

(I'm honestly confused at this point. )

-K

Old 10 October 2005   #6
Dont thin it was for sale since being given away free with 3dworld magazine earlier this year.

Old 10 October 2005   #7
Originally Posted by nycL45: Jack, in case you check here, I solved it but do not quite understand why. In the preceding post, I noted finding a red star + "registration" in the AM when Iterator was open. Tonight, I clicked on that registration button and decided what the and entered the 2.2 S/N. I got "Valid Key :: Happy Jennasizing". Why did this work? Earlier, I had tried the 2.2 registration S/N via Plugins>CaJenna>About>Registration and it was a no go. Scratching head here.

That seems really strange. I'm definitely not an expert on Jenna, but I just remembered the issue about the bounding box from the PDF manual. I'm glad you got it working. Your best bet for Jenna support might be the links at cidertank.com. Unfortunately, Darf and CoreArsenal have more or less disappeared.

Jack

Old 10 October 2005   #8
cidertank.com buttons across the top results in 404. I did not send an email to the webmaster. I didn't find anything at CoreArsenal and CoreVideo, either. BTW, I have the pdf manual for 2.1.1, but I don't think there is a manual for 2.2. Clicking the "Docs" button always brought up that it is being upgraded. I upgraded 2.2 before 2.2.2 in the 3D World mag and didn't buy it. Ack.

I have Jenna for 9.5 and that's good... until... (everything is crossed).

Old 10 October 2005   #9
Originally Posted by jackb602: That seems really strange. I'm definitely not an expert on Jenna, but I just remembered the issue about the bounding box from the PDF manual. I'm glad you got it working. Your best bet for Jenna support might be the links at cidertank.com. Unfortunately, Darf and CoreArsenal have more or less disappeared.

Jack

Still around. Just chose to work with different applications. J2.24 has not been tested against 9.5 as we do not have it.

<edited out> inane

dave

Last edited by darf : 10 October 2005 at 04:12 PM.

Old 10 October 2005   #10
Darf, to ask questions, etc. should we go through the cidertank webmaster link?

The "everything is crossed", as in fingers, toes, eyes, et al, comment was my joining many here that would like Jenna to live on beyond C4D 9.x. Just a nod or wink will do.

Old 10 October 2005   #11
Originally Posted by nycL45: Darf, to ask questions, etc. should we go through the cidertank webmaster link?

The "everything is crossed", as in fingers, toes, eyes, et al, comment was my joining many here that would like Jenna to live on beyond C4D 9.x. Just a nod or wink will do.

That tank ran empty.

Regards,
David Farmer

Old 10 October 2005   #12
If "that tank" is empty, is there another tank?

Old 10 October 2005   #13
Originally Posted by nycL45: If "that tank" is empty, is there another tank?

LOL

Nope, moved to an engine that uses renewable resources. No tank required.

Back to that friction free travel...

darf

Old 10 October 2005   #14
Allow me to embellish a bit you're decked out in fine teflon threads and sitting tall on your trusty steed, Maglev.

Okay...

Old 10 October 2005   #15
Originally Posted by nycL45: Allow me to embellish a bit you're decked out in fine teflon threads and sitting tall on your trusty steed, Maglev.

Okay...

Levitation is the future!

darf

Thread Closed share thread