CGTalk > Software > Maxon Cinema 4D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
nycL45
LifeLongLearner
Leonard Marsh
USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,145
JennaV2.2.2 - red bounding box only.

It is me; I know. I have been playing with Jenna & 9.5 but all I get is a red bounding box. Would someone put me out of the world's misery? Actually, just tell me what I am doing wrong this time.

BTW, having the same prob with 2.2.4; 2.1.1 works fine in 8.5 (those were simpler times).

Cheers
 
Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 AM   #2
jackb602
Lord of the posts
 
jackb602's Avatar
portfolio
Jack Bransfield
iOS Developer
Built Light
Chicago, USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 662
I think that's the standard behavior for Jenna when it is not registered. Did you buy it or are you just running it in demo mode?

Jack
__________________
Built Light
 
Old 10-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
nycL45
LifeLongLearner
Leonard Marsh
USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,145
Hey Jack,

According to the v2.1.1 manual, 'If the first item read "About Jenna" under the Jenna menu then Jenna is already registered.' When I go 9.5>Plugins>CaJenna, the first Jenna list item is "About". It's not exactly "About Jenna" but I figured it was registered.

When it still didn't work, I thought it might be a serial number issue with 2.2.2 so, I downloaded a new one yesterday and, like the 2.2 S/N, I get "Invalid Key". Maybe I'm running it in demo and didn't see the indicator. Also, I didn't see mention of demo mode in the manual. How do I undo the demo mode? I'll look on this end.

In the AM under Object Properties for Iterator, there is a button with a red star and "registration" which also opens "About". In the same spot, I also found that I can "Unregister" by clicking on the "About" button to the right of the red star/"registration". Do I want to do that?

This kind of a long post, SAT.

L.
 
Old 10-13-2005, 01:47 AM   #4
nycL45
LifeLongLearner
Leonard Marsh
USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,145
Jack, in case you check here, I solved it but do not quite understand why. In the preceding post, I noted finding a red star + "registration" in the AM when Iterator was open. Tonight, I clicked on that registration button and decided what the and entered the 2.2 S/N. I got "Valid Key :: Happy Jennasizing". Why did this work? Earlier, I had tried the 2.2 registration S/N via Plugins>CaJenna>About>Registration and it was a no go. Scratching head here.
 
Old 10-13-2005, 03:08 AM   #5
Rabbitroo
Pre-Viz Supervisor
 
Rabbitroo's Avatar
Kerwin Rabbitroo
Dublin, USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 449
Stupid question: Is Jenna even for sale anymore?

(I'm honestly confused at this point. )

-K
__________________
Win7 64, Hex i7 3.33Ghz, 12GB RAM, Modo501, C4D 12 Studio, ZB4
 
Old 10-13-2005, 03:40 AM   #6
JoelDubin
Lard of the pots
portfolio
Joel Dubin
Creative Director
MadMicrobe
United%2BStates
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,763
Dont thin it was for sale since being given away free with 3dworld magazine earlier this year.
 
Old 10-13-2005, 05:54 AM   #7
jackb602
Lord of the posts
 
jackb602's Avatar
portfolio
Jack Bransfield
iOS Developer
Built Light
Chicago, USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycL45
Jack, in case you check here, I solved it but do not quite understand why. In the preceding post, I noted finding a red star + "registration" in the AM when Iterator was open. Tonight, I clicked on that registration button and decided what the and entered the 2.2 S/N. I got "Valid Key :: Happy Jennasizing". Why did this work? Earlier, I had tried the 2.2 registration S/N via Plugins>CaJenna>About>Registration and it was a no go. Scratching head here.


That seems really strange. I'm definitely not an expert on Jenna, but I just remembered the issue about the bounding box from the PDF manual. I'm glad you got it working. Your best bet for Jenna support might be the links at cidertank.com. Unfortunately, Darf and CoreArsenal have more or less disappeared.

Jack
__________________
Built Light
 
Old 10-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #8
nycL45
LifeLongLearner
Leonard Marsh
USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,145
cidertank.com buttons across the top results in 404. I did not send an email to the webmaster. I didn't find anything at CoreArsenal and CoreVideo, either. BTW, I have the pdf manual for 2.1.1, but I don't think there is a manual for 2.2. Clicking the "Docs" button always brought up that it is being upgraded. I upgraded 2.2 before 2.2.2 in the 3D World mag and didn't buy it. Ack.

I have Jenna for 9.5 and that's good... until... (everything is crossed).
 
Old 10-13-2005, 03:19 PM   #9
darf
puke
David Farmer
Stirring
USA
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackb602
That seems really strange. I'm definitely not an expert on Jenna, but I just remembered the issue about the bounding box from the PDF manual. I'm glad you got it working. Your best bet for Jenna support might be the links at cidertank.com. Unfortunately, Darf and CoreArsenal have more or less disappeared.

Jack


Still around. Just chose to work with different applications. J2.24 has not been tested against 9.5 as we do not have it.

<edited out> inane

dave
__________________
OUCH!!! The fork is real...

Last edited by darf : 10-13-2005 at 04:12 PM.
 
Old 10-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #10
nycL45
LifeLongLearner
Leonard Marsh
USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,145
Darf, to ask questions, etc. should we go through the cidertank webmaster link?

The "everything is crossed", as in fingers, toes, eyes, et al, comment was my joining many here that would like Jenna to live on beyond C4D 9.x. Just a nod or wink will do.
 
Old 10-13-2005, 06:05 PM   #11
darf
puke
David Farmer
Stirring
USA
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycL45
Darf, to ask questions, etc. should we go through the cidertank webmaster link?

The "everything is crossed", as in fingers, toes, eyes, et al, comment was my joining many here that would like Jenna to live on beyond C4D 9.x. Just a nod or wink will do.


That tank ran empty.

Regards,
David Farmer
__________________
OUCH!!! The fork is real...
 
Old 10-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #12
nycL45
LifeLongLearner
Leonard Marsh
USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,145
If "that tank" is empty, is there another tank?
 
Old 10-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #13
darf
puke
David Farmer
Stirring
USA
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycL45
If "that tank" is empty, is there another tank?


LOL

Nope, moved to an engine that uses renewable resources. No tank required.

Back to that friction free travel...

darf
__________________
OUCH!!! The fork is real...
 
Old 10-13-2005, 07:23 PM   #14
nycL45
LifeLongLearner
Leonard Marsh
USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,145
Allow me to embellish a bit you're decked out in fine teflon threads and sitting tall on your trusty steed, Maglev.

Okay...
 
Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #15
darf
puke
David Farmer
Stirring
USA
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycL45
Allow me to embellish a bit you're decked out in fine teflon threads and sitting tall on your trusty steed, Maglev.

Okay...



Levitation is the future!

darf
__________________
OUCH!!! The fork is real...
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.