Human musculoskeletal model, Reality LE. Now on sale $49.95 (for personal use only).

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
Human musculoskeletal model, Reality LE. Now on sale $49.95 (for personal use only).

****News Update....Nov 22/2005*****

The Max, Maya, XSI, Lightwave and C4D versions are now available.

There is also an .obj/.mtl version that works great.....for any questions about the .obj conversion or purchase, please contact CD Media Studio Inc.
cdmedia@cdmedia-studio.com

http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/purchase.htm

Many of you have seen this musculoskeletal anatomy project mature over the years and I've always wanted to
release a Learning Edition(a cost effective version for personal use).

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=69576

Link to the CG Talk news post when the Realism textbook came out
(Reality Human Anatomy Model Set was used to create the Realism textbook)

Realism A Study in Human Structural Anatomy
Authors: Darryl. Lajeunesse, Carol Edwards, Brenda Grosenick
Publisher: Kasterstener Publications)

In conjunction to my new website I've finally been able to make Reality LE possible.

Reality LE is now for sale $49.95(for personal use only).

This model set is an incredible human musculoskeletal reference for anyone wanting
to model humanoid characters or even non-human, as this model set will give you a
great understanding of how muscles layer and attach to bone and tendon in any type
of living endoskeletal vertebrate.

Here is the latest video detailing the growth of the muscle around the skeletal system.

http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/Reality_Grow_720x480.mov (720x480 .mov 7mb)

What you see here is what you would get with the Reality LE version.

http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/anatomy_anim.html

Its identical to the commercial version(sale price of $4995.00), but its just for personal use only.

Many of you here have shown incredible support for me, my studio and this project and I thank you.

Last edited by CDS : 11 November 2005 at 05:17 PM.

10 October 2005
This is top notch, CDS. I've never seen such a masterful understanding of cg and anatomy. I still can't even begin to fathom the work and dedication that went into this project. That muscle growth animation was very cool. The potential uses for this data set seem endless. I think it's awesome that you've released this personal-use LE version for such an affordable price.

10 October 2005
When this badboy is out for maya I will be all over it. Hurry up November

Sweetness. Thats a steal at that price. Holy crap!!
Hmm, buy a video game? or this. Pretty friggan easy decision.

Darren

10 October 2005
wow CDS,

for $49.95 how can anyone not afford to buy this amazing anatomical reference!

Rudity got it right... Hurry up Novemer!

10 October 2005
Thanks Odie...its comments like yours which really lets a person know they have done something special. Thanks!

As a tool for artists, it will be vastly superior to textbooks or other non-3d medium for learning human musculoskeletal structures.

Thanks Rudity, I appreciate the support.
LOL I never really thought of that...vid game vs Reality LE....thanks Rudity that totally cracked me up when I read it.

My true intent was to come up with a price point most students could afford, cause I know
how much of a pain it can sometimes be learning anatomy from a textbook. Depth, trajectory layering, origins, insertions, bone landmarks are all tough to learn from print. With this model set you just select the muscle you want to look at and bingo, zoom in and go....and with over 4000 modeled and textured structures it has everything and is easy to navigate. Even with a tame computer system you should be able to pull 3 to 6 fps with the entire model set exposed.

plunq thanks, I sure hope lots of people will be able to get good use out of it...I know a good chunk of my life was put into that model set.

I'm hoping the Maya version will be ready before November(November at the latest)....either way the minute it is ready for release, I will run another posting.

Thanks everyone for your support!

10 October 2005
Freaking amazing CDS! Awesome work and thanks for sharing the wealth of your knowledge. I can't wait to see the model on my shiny screen.

Can't wait for the XSI or C4D port.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
-policarpo

Last edited by williamsburroughs : 10 October 2005 at 05:20 AM.

10 October 2005
yeah, when that comes out for XSI you can put me down for a copy, i'll be checking back at your website sometime late november-ish. if its out but then i'll buy it pronto

and i also just have to add a big thank you from all the students, this will be an incredible reference

10 October 2005
Thanks williamsburroughs! Im glad you like it. The XSI and C4D versions should be out just shortly after the maya version(I would suspect no later than the first week in November).

Thanks Layer01, that was my entire intent was to give something back to the CG community at an affordable price.

Thanks guys!

10 October 2005
Is there anything preventing this from being ported to more open formats like obj? Then it could be open and available to a much broader community.

10 October 2005
Has anyone ordered and received this product? I ordered and got an email stating the following:

Quote: Thank you for your purchase, your order is currently being processed(this can take up to 24 hours).
For security of the model set, each and every set is encrypted with a unique licensed serial number to
a specific individual. For this reason I request that you email CD Media Studio Inc. the name of the
individual who will be responsible for this purchase

While I certainly understand and respect this, it has been well over 24 hours since I placed my order (39 hours as of the writing of this post).

My Painting Tutorial Thread

10 October 2005
Nichod we are currently working on more conversions, and should have other formats available soon(before the new year).

Hi Dan, sorry for the confusion. The delay is that CD Media Studio Inc. has been waiting for some more information from you(all for licensing purposes). I really appreciated your feedback on the order process, and CD Media Studio is currently working on a better solution to gather registration information and a better description on the purchase process.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited by CDS : 10 October 2005 at 03:19 PM.

10 October 2005
Very cool material here, this would be a worth buy, especially seeing the underlying muscle structure with the superficial muscles, bone skeletal structure. Very nice addition.

10 October 2005
Talking

Schweet!!!

Awesome stuff, must...get...copy...

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

10 October 2005
Thank you, CDS. You did indeed respond to my email and I have responded in kind. It is indeed a growing process and I am very much looking forward to receiving the product.

10 October 2005
Downloading now. Thank you for your quick response.

Thread Closed share thread