Thanks!

Old 09-29-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
RyanT
Frequenter
Ryan Trowbridge
Character TD
Naughty Dog
Santa Monica, USA

I would check each object for where its key frames are then save its transform at that frame. You can get what keys each object has with just ($.controller.keys) Each key has a time property which tells you what frame its on.

-RyanT

Old 09-29-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
Raeldor
Ray Price
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT
I would check each object for where its key frames are then save its transform at that frame. You can get what keys each object has with just ($.controller.keys) Each key has a time property which tells you what frame its on.

-RyanT

Thanks Ryan. Now I just need to get my head around 3ds transform setup (this object-offset stuff is a bit alien to me). I am exporting the mesh in local co-ordinates, so I assume when I am writing out my transformations which I want to be local to the parent, that I should multiply the transform by the inverse of it's parent's transform?

Doing some tests, I find...

myhip=$bip01_pelvis
$Biped_Object:Bip01 Pelvis @ [-0.139269,1.408870,26.587803]
myspine=$bip01_spine
$Biped_Object:Bip01 Spine @ [-0.197272,1.539500,29.388330]
invparent=inverse myhip.parent.transform
(matrix3 [0.379317,0.925089,-0.0181145] [-0.924036,0.37975,0.0441279] [0.0477012,0,0.998862] [-1.52292,0,-26.6222])
(myspine.transform*invparent).position
[-1.61844,0.40213,2.80415]
myspine.transform.position-myhip.transform.position
[-0.0580025,0.130629,2.80053]

This to me is strange. I was expecting the last two statements to return the same result. Am I missing something here?

Also, I am a little concerned about getting the translation, position and scale from the matrix object. I thought math-wise this was only safe to do if the scaling was uniform?

Thanks

Last edited by Raeldor : 09-29-2005 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Clarification

Old 09-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #4
RyanT
Frequenter
Ryan Trowbridge
Character TD
Naughty Dog
Santa Monica, USA

I havent tried it that way. I dont really understand how the biped controllers work as far as getting the local transform out of them. If you have max 7 there is a helper called expose Tm. Here is a script I wrote awile back just to see if I could save off the animation for a biped. I only tested it on the simplest case of taking a snapshot of the entire biped and transfering the animation onto the snapshot. If you come up with a better solution I would love to see it.

Code:
fn char_bipclipfile theNode = ( TestTransform = ExposeTm pos:[0,0,0] name:"TestRotation" q = slidertime startrange = animationrange.start endrange = animationrange.end firstTest = theNode.isSelected if firstTest == true then ( --Create node to test the transform of a biped node. TestTransform.exposeNode = theNode TestTransform.localReferenceNode = theNode.parent format "%\n" theNode.name to:charCreate ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --Find the keycount in every node, test for COM create array of COM's seperate controllers ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ testResult = findstring theNode.name " " if testResult != undefined do ( roottest = substring theNode.name 1 (testResult-1) root = getNodeByName roottest ) if testResult == undefined do ( roottest = theNode.name root = getNodeByName roottest ) if theNode == root then ( COMKeys = #() x = theNode.controller.vertical.controller.keys y = theNode.controller.horizontal.controller.keys z = theNode.controller.turning.controller.keys for i in x do ( testKey = i.time testArray = finditem COMKeys testKey if testArray == 0 then ( append COMKeys testKey ) ) for i in y do ( testKey = i.time testArray = finditem COMKeys testKey if testArray == 0 then ( append COMKeys testKey ) ) for i in z do ( testKey = i.time testArray = finditem COMKeys testKey if testArray == 0 then ( append COMKeys testKey ) ) keycount = COMKeys.count ) else ( testClass = classof theNode if testClass == Biped_Object then ( testNode = theNode.controller.keys keycount = testNode.count ) else ( keycount = 0 ) ) format "%\n" keycount to:charCreate ----------------------------------------------------------------- --formate rotation keys for biped ----------------------------------------------------------------- for q = 1 to keycount do ( if theNode == root then (frame = COMKeys [q]) if theNode != root then (frame = getKeyTime theNode.controller q) at time frame ( XRot = TestTransform.worldEulerX YRot = TestTransform.worldEulerY ZRot = TestTransform.worldEulerZ format "%\n" frame to:charCreate format "%\n" XRot to:charCreate format "%\n" YRot to:charCreate format "%\n" ZRot to:charCreate ) ) ----------------------------------------------------------------- --formate position keys for biped ----------------------------------------------------------------- if theNode == root then-- This is the only bone that needs to move. ( format "%\n" keycount to:charCreate for q = 1 to keycount do ( frame = COMKeys [q] at time frame ( BipPos = TestTransform.worldPosition format "%\n" frame to: charCreate format "%\n" bipPos to: charCreate ) ) ) ) else () --Delete node to test the transform of a biped node. delete TestTransform --Call function untill all nodes in hierarchy are sorted through. testResult = theNode.children for i in testResult do ( char_bipclipfile i ) ) --End char_bipclipfile

Old 09-30-2005, 12:34 AM   #5
Raeldor
Ray Price
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Thanks again Ryan. I was playing with this helper a little, and noticed this...

testtransform=exposetm pos:[0,0,0]
$ExposeTransformHelper:ExposeTransform01 @ [0.000000,0.000000,0.000000]
testtransform.exposenode=mymesh
$Biped_Object:Bip01 Spine @ [-0.888108,1.167596,27.686647]
testtransform.localreferencenode=mymesh.parent
$Biped_Object:Bip01 Pelvis @ [-0.756745,1.046813,24.887947]
testtransform.localeuler
[0.180706,-0.0137388,-0.096129]
testtransform.localeulerx

What's up with that? Is the localeuler returning something other than angles? The localuserx is correct based on what I am seeing in the scene.

Thanks

Old 09-30-2005, 01:04 AM   #6
RyanT
Frequenter
Ryan Trowbridge
Character TD
Naughty Dog
Santa Monica, USA

Hmmm, I agree that doesnt make sense. I wouldnt use the localEuler property then. Biped is a pain as you have noticed when trying to do this stuff.

-RyanT

Old 09-30-2005, 01:04 AM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread