Cartoon Knight

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2002   #1
Arrow Cartoon Knight

Hello!

My first post here! I've got a bit of animation I have done recently I'd like to get some criticism on. It's a sample piece for a larger animation I have to complete for January.

The cartoon knight (Sir Derek) draws his sword realises it's a stick of dynamite

http://zappa.tvu.ac.uk/gamer/derek07.avi

It's DIVX 5 and its 2.1mb

Old 11 November 2002   #2
well...

Poses seem right. But the whole thing moves too slow, and needs to be more snappy, otherwise it's going to look a bit boring, I think. He's scared, so I think it would make sense if you made him move in a fast way once he realises he's in danger.

Cheers.

Old 11 November 2002   #3
Yes you have too fluid and too slow of an animation right now. I think you should go back to a more pose-to-pose style and block it out a bit more. Plus, he needs to do a double-take on the dynamite in his hand. And then maybe drop it and run off.

Low - Poly Batman in Maya

Tiamat - The World Dragon (Maquette)

Online Tutorial: Character Rigging for Maya

Old 11 November 2002   #4
thanks for the comments, guys!

since making my post I worked on it a bit more - i realised it needed to be more pose to pose.

http://zappa.tvu.ac.uk/gamer/derek09.avi

It's a bit better, but I think I need to restart to get that cartoon feel from the beginning.

Old 12 December 2002   #5
LOL

I agree that the character should move quickly to show a sense of urgency. Whilst reading the post and already knowing what I was going to see made this piece hillarious.

The guy takes out a stick of dynamite and continues to look at it....very funny.

But all and all it flows quite nicely and I think your animation is pretty good.

Good luck on the rest

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread