Spectacular 3D Entry: Matt Stoch

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Spectacular 3D Entry: Matt Stoch

Matt Stoch is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: head wip

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

09 September 2005
I will have my concept art and idea up later tonight. This will be fun.

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

09 September 2005
Concept Sketch: number 1

heres my first scetch, i penciled it and then put it into photo shop to try to make it look better. need to get one of those pen mice..

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

09 September 2005
Heres my idea, a advanced race of beings(about as advanced as us now, maybe less) on their home planet and they believe in intellegente extraterrestrial life in the universe. they know that one day they will have the technology to explore the starts for other life or get a visit from one of these space travelers as they pass by. Well there in luck.
The emotion will be captured by all the creatures in the scene. mixed emotions may be felt among the crowd. some excited, some shocked, and maybe one getting restrained as its yelling something about a government conspiracy. I will try to imagine what it would be like for us if one day someone came to visit us and then create this emotion in the scene.

Here are the problems:
- should I make the visitor a Human from our future that has the technology to travel this far, or a alien. if human, should i show that they are peaceful or should i leave a sence that these pesky humans are just here to steal you land..

- I can't decide weather i want to make the home planet race tall well evolved beings or the short puggi lizard looking type that i keep seeing in my head.

- one last one, i'm thinking about the size difference between the two speices. if the visitor will be human then i think i'll make him smaller and if it an alien then i will make him taller. i have always wondered,,, if earth was the size of Jupiter, would we be bigger?

this is my first Challenge, let me know what you guys think.
thanks

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

Last edited by prophetpandp : 09 September 2005 at 04:08 AM.

09 September 2005
Hey Matt,

I like the concept , as far as the height of the aliens I am sure either way will work. Look forward to your modeling of the scene.

09 September 2005
thanks mmoir. I have decided to make the home planet race obsessed with astrology. This is there politics and religion. I will try to incorporate this into the architecture, clothing, ect.

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

09 September 2005
Excellent concept, I really like the angel that you picked for it. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck!

Matt

09 September 2005
Nice idea. I think its a good idea to keep the human element, so that the audience can relate to it. Maybe show a pristine land that the humans discovered, and how different it is to what the earth would be like in that time period (i.e. factories, destroyed wasteland)..

Just thoughts...

09 September 2005
mmbenya:
Thanks man, i like the shot as if your one of the spectating aliens in the crowd. I have a few other angles in my head. one i have is straight from the emperors eyes looking at the 3 humans approching, and in this shot i would have more aliens closer around the 3 humans and have the reflection of the emperors face on the the astronauts helmet. but i think i will not do that shot as the humans faces need to be seen. :( but who knows, we'll see.

scorpion007:
Thanks man, i will keep them human as you brought up a good point. just not sure how advanced i want to make the technology. (like the aliens have discovered how to create and control some sort of plasma energy sorce but haven't figured out how to make fire.)

I will have some modeling pics up soon.

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

09 September 2005
Modeling: plaza

Ah, well this was a plaza before i got a fatel computer error and crashed I'll have to redo it tonight.

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

09 September 2005
Modeling: ship

Heres some on the ship. still tweeking the details. i'm looking for some more refs.

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

Last edited by prophetpandp : 09 September 2005 at 07:10 PM.

09 September 2005
Modeling: ship

theres a few SubD overlaps in these, i have fixed them. I'll have more details this after noon and post this evening. theres no landing gear yet as i'm still trying to deciding the look. let me know what you think.

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

09 September 2005
nice work man ...

nothing to say about ur gr8 modeling nd details ...

keep it up ..

09 September 2005
Hi there, just checking on your progress, nice ship! This can be a really cool image.
Hope your computer is ok.

-

09 September 2005
Good modelling of the ship! About your basic concept: I'd suggest to consider using unusual position of the camera ("frog" or "bird") and wider focal length in order to increase the dramatic impact on the viewer of the final image.

Thread Closed share thread